Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Everything you need to know about banking in QuickBooks Online - Discover more
catheoch
Level 1

Custom fields in Memorised Transacions not updating with template

I have customized an invoice template to which I have added a custom field.

I have applied this template to previous memorised transactions BUT the custom field is NOT "pulling" the data of the custom field from the database.

If I create a NEW invoice with the same template, the data of the custom field IS USED (auto-filled). This tells me that the new Invoice Template IS set up correctly.

Why is the new field not being filled automatically in the memorised Transactions since the new template is selected??

Please help, I don't want to have to re-do all the memorised transactions I have saved!

Thank you in advance

Solved
Best answer September 21, 2022

Accepted Solutions
Adrian_A

Hello there, TroyerPost.

As of now, you'll have to enter the data of the custom field whenever you pull up the memorised transactions. You can use the  Create a Copy feature to avoid entering the information all over again. 

Also, if you want to have a better view of your business' transactions, you can run and customise some financial reports: Customise reports.

I'm just a post away if you have any other concerns with QuickBooks. I'm always here to help you out.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
AlcaeusF

Hello catheoch,

Thank you for posting in the Community. I'm here to assist you concerning the memorised transactions in QuickBooks Desktop.

When adding a custom field, you may need to recreate the memorised transactions to reflect the changes on your end. For now, there are no available workaround aside from re-doing them in the program.

You can use the Create a Copy feature to avoid entering the information all over again. I'm adding a screenshot below for your visual reference:

For additional reference, I'm also sharing the article about modifying memorised transactions:

Create and modify memorised transactions.

Please let me know if there's anything else I can do for you. The Community will always have your back.

catheoch
Level 1

Thank you for your prompt reply,

It seems that it now certain I will have to do what I was trying to avoid. I have to redo all the memorized transactions and I have MANY! :(

It does not make sense to me though. If the template is able to place the new "box" in the form, then it should be able to draw the corresponding data.

Oh well.. on with it then

Thanks again!

catheoch
Level 1

Hi Again,

I thought I should let you know that making a copy does NOT work. It still does NOT fill in the custom field.

ONLY a new invoice will pull the appropriate data - weird!!!

TaliaI
QuickBooks Team

Hello catheoch,

In that case, unfortunately it looks like the system will only allow you to use the new style if you recreate the invoices from scratch. We will pass this on as feedback to our developers.

Thanks,

Talia

TroyerPost
Level 1

Hello Talial,

Is is still the case that Quickbooks cannot pull data from custom fields into old memorized transactions?

Thanks,

Adrian_A

Hello there, TroyerPost.

As of now, you'll have to enter the data of the custom field whenever you pull up the memorised transactions. You can use the  Create a Copy feature to avoid entering the information all over again. 

Also, if you want to have a better view of your business' transactions, you can run and customise some financial reports: Customise reports.

I'm just a post away if you have any other concerns with QuickBooks. I'm always here to help you out.

Need to get in touch?

Contact us