cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
rohit21_2001
Level 1

Getting Script Error. Not able to update Payroll Tax table as well.

I have QBO Desktop Accountant version. I tried to resolve the problem through Internet Explorer-Tools Gear Box-Security-Trustred Sites and so on but it didn't work out, need some assistance over the phone. 

1 Comment 1
MirriamM

Getting Script Error. Not able to update Payroll Tax table as well.

Let's work together in sorting this out, rohit21_2001,

There are several troubleshooting steps you can perform when updating the Payroll Tax Table, and it depends on the error you've encountered.

To get started, kindly ensure that your QuickBooks version is updated to its latest release. Once verified, you can temporarily turn off your User Account Control (UAC) to allow QuickBooks update successfully. Just ensure to turn it back on to prevent security risk on your computer.

Next, try resolving the error by deleting all damaged files. Here's what you'll need to do:

1. Close QuickBooks Desktop.
  2. Ensure that all QuickBooks processes are no longer running.
    • From the keyboard, press Ctrl+Shift+Esc. This opens the Task Manager.
      Windows 10: Select More Details to show Task Manager
    • Select the Processes tab.
    • Sort the processes alphabetically by selecting the Process Name header.
    • Search for all instances of QBW32.EXE. And select and select End Task.
  3. Open the entitlement data folder for your operating system and version of QuickBooks.
    • On your keyboard, press Windows+R to open the Run window.
    • Enter C:\ProgramData\Intuit\Entitlement Client\v8 (or v6) and press Enter. (The folder location is the same for all QuickBooks Desktop and QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise versions.)
  4. Right-click the EntitlementDataStore.ecml file. And select Delete.
  5. Select Yes to confirm you want to delete the file.
  6. Open your company file and follow the instructions to register the application.

For more detailed steps about this process, you can read this articles:

Please keep me posted on how things go, I'm always here to ensure you'd able to update Payroll Tax Table. Have a great day!

Need to get in touch?

Contact us