Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Everything you need to know about banking in QuickBooks Online - Discover more
Janet6
Level 1

Historic transactions

I want to delete old transactions - now going back some 15 years or so - there is no legal requirement to have this stuff stored for all this time

4 REPLIES 4
TaliaI
QuickBooks Team

Historic transactions

Hello Janet6,

Which version of QuickBooks are you using?

Thank you,

Talia

Rustler
Level 15

Historic transactions

QB is perpetual, if you delete historic transactions the financial statements change, if the transaction involves a balance sheet account (asset, banks, etc) the current balance in those accounts will change.

Malcolm Ziman
Level 10

Historic transactions

It says QB Online.  I did not know that QB Online has been available for 15 years.

Easiest would be to start a new subscription and to enter the opening balance sheet balances, and all transactions since the new start date, with a data import app.

Rustler
Level 15

Historic transactions

@Malcolm Ziman wrote:

It says QB Online.  I did not know that QB Online has been available for 15 years.

Easiest would be to start a new subscription and to enter the opening balance sheet balances, and all transactions since the start date, with a data import app.

this is the second or third interface for QBO, it has been around a long time, you would think that instead of reworking the interface they would fix issues and add functions.

Only recently with this interface has the push to market QBO been the primary focus of intuit

Need to get in touch?

Contact us