Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Everything you need to know about banking in QuickBooks Online - Discover more
So fed up with move from desktop
Level 2

How not to send invoice but show it has progressed

Due to MTD I have had to move from desktop to online version (personally I hate the new system)

Is there any way to not use the prescriptive send invoice and to have a way to show that you have manually done a print (to get the pdf) and then save it with a sensible name and sent to the customer.

Just a manual way to tell quickbooks that I have sent the invoice outside of their system?

I understand that the whole system has obviously been designed for a very specific way of working but it would be very helpful to be able to override the horrible prescriptive way of enforced working.

4 REPLIES 4
So fed up with move from desktop
Level 2

Work around is to change all the email addresses to myself and put the real email address in the notes so can send PDF as normal without the horrible quickbooks advertisement and pay here email. Is there any way to get rid of the quickbooks info in the email when do not have any online payment methods setup (Bank Transfer is normal payment method)

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello So fed up with move from desktop,

You got it right. The recommended steps not to use the prescriptive send invoice is to change all emails. Yes, there's a way not to show the email when do not have any online payment methods setup. Here's how:

1. Click on the Gear icon.
  2. Choose Custom Form Styles.
  3. Click on the Edit link of the invoice template.
  4. Choose Content tab and click on the upper portion of the sample template. 
  5. Uncheck the Email box.
  6. Click on Done.

Let us know if you have any questions. 

danfoot
Level 1

Hi

How can this be done through the website on the self employed version?

i do not have the options mentioned above

John C
QuickBooks Team

Hi danfoot

It is not possible to follow the steps in the above link as these relate to the small business products. You can however export the invoice as pdf, select the drop down menu to the right of the invoice > save it to a location on your computer > use your own email server and attach the pdf.

Need to get in touch?

Contact us