Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Active Member

How to categorise transactions

Most of my work is property maintenance. What transaction category do I log vat receipts under for the materials I buy for jobs? Eg a tin of paint, a door, a bag of tile adhesive etc? 

QuickBooks Team

Re: How to categorise transactions

Hi Dan74


You could enter the transactions under Office supplies/equipment or Other business expenses.


We are not trained accountants and therefore we are unable to give you specific advise and we ask you to qualify our replies with an accountant.