Highlighted
Experienced Member
Solved

How to update database server manager.

Where do I copy the update patch to. How do I start the update process

Best answer 04-03-2019 12:12 PM

Accepted Solutions
QuickBooks Team

Re: How to update database server manager.

Yes, you'd need to backup the company file and scan for errors first. You'd also need to reboot the windows server after you've finished updating. Let me know if you need assistance.

3 Comments
QuickBooks Team

Hi John,

You've reached the right place for help. I'd be happy to show you how to update the QuickBooks Database Server Manager. To do this successfully, please follow the steps below:

1. Download the patch from Update QuickBooks Desktop to the latest release.
    Note: The patch for the server is the same as the patch for the workstation.
  2. Reboot the server after the patch installation completes. (This is strongly recommended).
  3. On the workstation, after the server has been updated, you may get the following message: The company file needs to be updated to work with this version of QuickBooks Desktop.
  4. There will be a prompt to create a backup which is required since these updates can modify the database structure.
  5. Follow the prompts and after backup is completed, you should be able to open the file.

I encourage you to check out the following article for more info https://quickbooks.intuit.com/community/Getting-Started/Install-update-and-set-up-the-QuickBooks-Dat.... Let me know if you've got questions.

Experienced Member

Hi .

I found these documents missing details.

To perform the update of the of the database server manager, do I just run the patch update on the windows server hosting the company files. I assume I need to backup the company files and scan for errors before the update. Is this correct?

The document mentions that the server needs to be rebooted after the update has been applied. Does it mean the database server manager, or the windows server that the database server manager is running on.

Thanks

QuickBooks Team

Yes, you'd need to backup the company file and scan for errors first. You'd also need to reboot the windows server after you've finished updating. Let me know if you need assistance.