cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

I have quickbooks pro 2011 R6 and after running some windows updates, I am getting script errors which seem to be part of Intuit inability to connect to Live community.

I've added a bunch of websites that script error is referring to to the IE 11 security tab web sites

*Litium.com

*Intuit.com

*Nexus.com

etc.

Still does not work!

3 Comments
QuickBooks Team

Re: I have quickbooks pro 2011 R6 and after running some windows updates, I am getting script err...

Hi clove1,

It's great to hear you've been a part of the QuickBooks family for so long! QuickBooks Pro 2011 is no longer a supported product, but I'll do what I can to point you in the right direction.

You may be running into script errors simply because the program is so old and you've just run some updates for Windows. The best place to start is verifying your Internet connectivity and its connection to QuickBooks. Double checking firewalls and anti-virus software that may be blocking it is another good step to take. If everything seems to be fine, I recommend considering an upgrade so you'll be able to use the features such as Live Community and other areas of QuickBooks that rely on the Internet connection.

Here are some links that can help you decide if you want to make the move to QuickBooks Desktop 2019.

For additional help with upgrading, please reach out to our phone support team at 1-877-772-9158. Pro and Premier support agents are available 24 hours a day, so you can call whenever is good for you.

Enjoy the rest of your day!

Re: I have quickbooks pro 2011 R6 and after running some windows updates, I am getting script err...

Hi  LauraAB,

the product has been working fine up until about a week ago.  The internet is good and i added every quickbooks website that the script errors called out to the security tab on IE 11 - as posted by another person on this forum indicated some time ago.... 

I noticed that as soon as the product launches, the community windows indicates its not connected to the internet, but by saying "YES" to all for the script errors it eventually connects and the product seems to work ok after that.  Maybe an alternative is to disable the community forum that launched together with Quickbooks?  Any idea how to disable this feature...if it doesn't launch, it won't try and connect and then it won't throw out these script errors Smiley Happy

QuickBooks Team

Hi clove1,

I see what you mean. If that's the case, you can try to disable the Live Community feature by following these steps:

1. Select the Edit menu
  2. Select Preferences
  3. Select Desktop View
  4.  Select the My Preferences tab
  5. Uncheck Show Live Community

Keep in mind that QuickBooks Pro 2011 is no longer a supported product and that these troubleshooting steps might or might not work for your version of the software.

I hope this helps.