Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Everything you need to know about banking in QuickBooks Online - Discover more
110cookie
Level 1

Invoice design

I need to create 2 different designs of invoice (I operate a handyman business and also a consultancy through the same Ltd company) I need a professional invoice for one and a more casual style for the other.

Is this possible?

1 REPLY 1
Rasa-LilaM
QuickBooks Team

Invoice design

It’s nice to see you in the Online Community, 110cookie.

I’ll be your guide, so you’re able to create different invoices.

Having a unique template style is one way to showcase your brand as a business owner. You can use the Custom Form Style feature to achieve this.

To customise:

1. Go to the Gear icon at the top, then choose Custom Form Styles.
  2. Click on the drop-down for New style, the select Invoice.
  3. In the Design section, choose the template you want to use.
  4. From there, you can also add a logo, change the font style and size, add colours, etc.
  5. On the Content tab, enter your company address, add the form name, and display information.
  6. On the Emails tab, go to the Message to customer section and enter the message you want to send to your customer.
  7. Click on the Preview PDF tab to see the template.
  8. Click on Done.

You can follow the same steps to create the casual invoice. When creating a transaction, make sure to select the correct template you want to use.

Here's how:

1. Go to Sales on the left panel, then select Invoice.
  2. Click on the New Invoice tab.
  3. Fill in the invoice details.
  4. Click on the Customise tab at the bottom of the page.
  5. Select the template you want to use.
  6. Click on Save.

Here’s an article that provides more details and a video tutorial about the steps: How to customise invoices, estimates, and sales receipts.

Let me know how this turns out or if you need further assistance with these steps by leaving me a comment. I'll jump right back in to help. Have a great weekend ahead.

Need to get in touch?

Contact us