Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Everything you need to know about banking in QuickBooks Online - Discover more
mikeybulgaria
Level 1

Invoices

I'm a newbie to QB (using QB online), and falling at the first hurdle! I am part of the management committee for a complex of apartments with around 50 owners. I want use QB online to be able to create invoices that can be sent to each of these owners for the annual fees they should be paying for running the building. Each apartment is a different size (square metres), but the fee rate per square metre would be the same regardless (say £7.50 psm). Is there any way in QB online to be able to produce an invoice template that can automatically populate with the apartment size, payment rate and total payment required (i already have all the owner details in the system), or are we going to have to produce an individual invoice each time for each owner? I hope that makes sense!

1 REPLY 1
JaneD

Invoices

Good day, mikeybulgaria.

I'm glad you've chosen QuickBooks Online (QBO) to help manage your finances. I have a suggestion on how you can record them.

Recurring invoices are flexible and a great way to manage renewals. The system automatically emails the invoice to each owner once it has been made as per your approved schedule.

To set up a recurring invoice for customers, please follow these steps:

1. Click on the Gear icon.
  2. Under List, choose Recurring Transactions.
  3. Click on New.
  4. Choose Invoice as the Transaction Type and click on OK.
  5. Enter the template name and choose Schedule in the Type drop down.
  6. Choose the owner's name and the email address.
  7. Enter the rest of the invoice's information.
  8. Once you're done, click on Save template.

I've attached some screenshots below to help you with the process.

1.PNG

2.PNG

3.PNG

4.PNG

You can also check out this article for further guidance: Set up a recurring invoice for customers.

This should point you in the right direction. If you have further questions about setting up recurring invoices, just leave a message below. I'll get them answered for you.

Need to get in touch?

Contact us