cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Experienced Member

Multiple Credit Card Accounts under one parent

We have multiple credit cards set up with CIBC under one parent card.  When I log into CIBC, I can see all the transactions made by each card by date by clicking on the parent card's account (and I can see the last 4 digits of the card that made the purchase, making it easy to reconcile). 

But when I set up this feed into QBO, there is no longer any way to distinguish between cards (ie - there is no column that would give me the last 4 digits of the card that made the purchase).    Is there any way for QBO to recognize that there are 3 separate cards?  I have the sub accounts set up in QBO but I don't have access to the 3 cards as separate accounts in CIBC as they are each in the holder's name, although they belong to the business, so I have just linked the transactions to the parent account.

1 Comment
QuickBooks Team

Re: Multiple Credit Card Accounts under one parent

Hello Jess, 

The emergence of online banking has made it really easy for you to keep track of your transactions. It's great that the CIBC website allows you to differentiate between each of your credit cards. 

QuickBooks Online has partnered with the major Financial Institutions in Canada to integrate your online banking with your QuickBooks account. This is really handy for streamlining your workflow and staying organized. Due to the sensitive nature of financial information, QuickBooks Online is limited in the information that gets imported from your bank. Although you may see additional details appearing on your FI's website, such as the last four digits of each credit card, this information may not be carried over to integrated partner programs such as QuickBooks Online. 

I can see how this information would help you keep track of your transactions. I'd be happy to pass along your feedback to my engineering team. We're always looking for new ways to make QuickBooks Online even better!

In the meantime, I'd recommend cross-referencing your QuickBooks Bank Feed with your CIBC bank statement to record which transactions belong to each credit card. You can even leave a memo on your transaction in QuickBooks by going to the Bank Feed, selecting your transaction, and filling out the Memo field. 

If there's anything else I can help you with today, just give me a shout. 

Have a good one.