Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Everything you need to know about banking in QuickBooks Online - Discover more
MickT
Level 1

Personal Pension payments in QuickBooks Self Employed

I'm new to QuickBooks Self Employed and using it as a sole trader.  Can anyone advise how I should record the payment from my business bank account to my personal pension plan.  The pension provider will claim the basic rate tax relief on my payment and add it to the pension contribution.  Therefore, I believe I don't claim for it in my self-assessment tax return.  How should I record this payment so QBSE does not treat it as a taxable expense.

Thank you.

Mick

Solved
Best answer April 01, 2019

Accepted Solutions
TaliaI
QuickBooks Team

Hello MickT,

Welcome to the Community - thank you for your question!

This will depend on the category you select, you will need to check this with either HMRC or an accountant on what category would be best to make sure you are not taxed on this (unfortunately as we are not accountant trained, we would not be able to advise which category will be best, as we would not want to give you any incorrect advice).

Thanks,

Talia

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
TaliaI
QuickBooks Team

Hello MickT,

Welcome to the Community - thank you for your question!

This will depend on the category you select, you will need to check this with either HMRC or an accountant on what category would be best to make sure you are not taxed on this (unfortunately as we are not accountant trained, we would not be able to advise which category will be best, as we would not want to give you any incorrect advice).

Thanks,

Talia

Need to get in touch?

Contact us