cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Shannon637
Level 1

Quickbooks Desktop crashing when I try to delete draft paycheque

I started a termination cheque and wanted to finish it later but when i tried to run payroll and finish entering the cheque details it wouldn't enter correctly and now crashes whenever I try to delete the draft pay cheque.

1 Comment 1
JamesM
QuickBooks Team

Quickbooks Desktop crashing when I try to delete draft paycheque

Hi Shannon637,

I can imagine how time-consuming it is to go through what you're experiencing with the program. Rest assured, I got your back from here. I'll help you create that termination cheque. 

First, we need to determine what's causing the issue. I'll outline some of the common reasons below: 

• You may have corruption on your hard drive
  • You may have a damaged Windows operating system
  • You may have a damaged or missing QBWUSER.INI file
  • Your program files or QuickBooks Desktop installation may be damaged 

The good thing is there are solutions to these issues. The first solution will be using the QuickBooks (QBRefresher) Tool. The Refresher tool ends QuickBooks processes running in the background and also performs mini repair on your QuickBooks Desktop.

1.     Close all QuickBooks Desktop versions.
  2.     Download the QuickBooks Refresher Tool.
  3.     Save the file on your desktop.
  4.     Run the QBRefresher tool.
  5.     Re-open QuickBooks Desktop.

If you still experience the issue, check out the next solutions. 

Solution 2: Use the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool (QBInstall Tool)

The QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool automatically diagnose and fix issues with Microsoft components QuickBooks program uses.

1.     Download the QuickBooks Install DiagnosticTool.
  2.     When prompted, save the file to the local Desktop.
  3.     Close any open programs and run the QBInstall Tool. The tool can take up to 20 minutes to run completely, depending on your internet speed and computer's performance.
  4.     Restart your computer after running the tool to ensure the components are properly updated.

For more troubleshooting solutions, please follow this helpful article.  Give this a try and let me know if you have questions. :) 

Need to get in touch?

Contact us