cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Explorer **

Quickbooks Desktop, multi-user mode issues

Hi there, I wonder if anyone can help. We host our company file on a server and have recently upgraded both of our workstations that access that company file to Quickbooks Desktop 2019. All went well but when I tried to switch to multi-user mode it came up with error H202. I followed the suggestions to deal with that but still no joy. We haven't changed anything on the server where the company file sits so access to it should be the same as it was when we were both running Quickbooks Desktop 2014.

I've printed off numerous help pages and run database scans, the intuit file doctor etc but nothing seems to be helping.

Has anyone else encountered this upon upgrade ?

Any help would be most welcome

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
QuickBooks Team

Re: Quickbooks Desktop, multi-user mode issues

Welcome to the Community, SueMapp. I'd be glad to lend a hand in fixing error H202.

To get this be fix, use the QuickBase Database Server Manager. Here's what you'll need to do:

1. Go to your server computer.
  2. At your server computer (computer hosting your company file/s), open the start menu then type database.
  3. Click on QuickBooks Database Server Manager.
  4. If no folder locations are shown, click Browse and browse to the folder where you store your company file(s).
  5. Click OK.
  6. Click Start Scan, which will repair the firewall permissions to allow QuickBooks to communicate over your network and resolve your error.
  7. Once done, click Close.
  8. Try opening QuickBooks in Multi-User mode on your workstation(s).

That's it! For more detailed steps, I'm including a helpful article that you can check: https://quickbooks.intuit.com/community/Help-Articles/Error-H101-H202-H303-or-H505-when-opening-your....

I want to ensure that this is taken care of for you, so please feel free to let me know how it goes. Have a great day!

Frequent Explorer **

Hi there, thanks for coming back to me. I have tried this solution several times but it hasn't worked. I have two workstations running QB Desktop 2019 and only one user can get in at a time. I've run the scan several times to try and cure it so that we can work in multi-user mode but it doesn't make any difference. I've been googling various solutions but cannot fathom out why it now won't work. It was fine when we were running QB Premier 2014 

Any other suggestions would be great, thanks 

Sue

QuickBooks Team

Hi SueMapp

The error you are receiving relates to a network issue. Did you scan the folder where the files are located rather than the drive?

This can also be caused by the files being stored deep into the system (more than 4 folders deep). If the files are stored more than 4 folders deep you will have to move it to a different server location.

We recommend that your IT team check services.msc to ensure that the 2019 version of Database Server Manager is set to automatic start and is running while the DNS server is set to automatic delayed start. For this type of error we recommend that you contact our telephone support team, 0808 168 9535.

Frequent Explorer **

Hi there, thanks for your responses, I've checked the folder depth and the company file is located as - drive letter\shared folders\Quickbooks 2019\.QBW file - is this too long ? 

Secondly I've rerun the scan and I still can't put QB into multi-user mode. 

I've checked on the startup properties of both the Quickbooks Database Services and the DNS Server and corrected as advised 

I've checked the version of the Database Server Manager and we are running 11.0.1.2584 (DB24) 

Do we need an upgrade of this for it to work ? 

It would seem on our previous install for 2014, the software is also on the server even though QB is never opened on the server, we have always just accessed the company file through our workstations so should this be taken off ? 

Many thanks 

QuickBooks Team

Hi SueMapp

The issue appears to be due to you using the 2014 version of the database server manager (DB24), you will need to run the 2019 server manager and scan for files using this instead. The 2019 server manager would show up as DB29 in the services list.

If you do not have it installed you can use the installer for QuickBooks 2019 and select custom install to select just the server manager to be installed.

https://quickbooks.intuit.com/community/Help-Articles/Install-update-and-set-up-the-QuickBooks-Datab...