Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Everything you need to know about banking in QuickBooks Online - Discover more
Bequality
Level 1

Seeing previous income

Hi, I have added my bank account and set up as self employed. I have manually voided any transaction from April 9th 2019 when I began self employment so it doesn't show in any reports, however it still shows 18/19 income when I was not self employed then? I need ALL previous reports to be deleted and past transactions to not show so my account just shows from April 9th this year on all reports, why has it done this? Can someone help thanks as I can't see how to contact Quickbooks!

12 REPLIES 12
TaliaI
QuickBooks Team

Seeing previous income

Hello Bequality,

Did you exclude those transactions?

If possible, could you please PM us on Facebook or Twitter your email address and a screenshot of this so we can look into this further for you?

Thanks,

Talia

Bequality
Level 1

Seeing previous income

HI, I am not on Facebook or Twitter at the moment. Can I email or add on here? Is this public if I share info on here?

Rasa-LilaM
QuickBooks Team

Seeing previous income

Hello again, Bequality.

Allow me to step for a moment and help ensure the data displayed in your account are correct.

My colleague is correct we’ll have to trace the root cause of the issue to come up with the best resolution. You can send screenshots here in the Community, but make sure to black out sensitive information to protect the account.

Thanks in advance. Looking forward to hearing from you.

Bequality
Level 1

Seeing previous income

Hi, I will sort this soon however a more important matter, my bank is connected and I can see it is correct balance as of today etc, and I refreshed but no transactions are in there from May 2nd to current day? I need these today I can not see how to speak to anyone on here?

GeorgiaC
QuickBooks Team

Seeing previous income

Hi Bequality, 

Can you try disconnecting the account (Gear > banking > Bin icon) and then re-connect via an incognito (private browsing) window - this can help pull through the transactions.

Let me know if this works for you,

Thanks!

Bequality
Level 1

Seeing previous income

It says it will delete everything?? If I delete it and add again will I lose all reports and transactions etc?

Bequality
Level 1

Seeing previous income

It says by deleting bank account it will delete all historical data! I do not have the time for that no transactions are showing from May 2nd??

GeorgiaC
QuickBooks Team

Seeing previous income

Hi Bequality,

My apologies - rather than disconnect please login through the incognito window to see if this forces an update. Were the transactions from May 2nd previously showing?

Can I check the name of the bank you are with? 

Bequality
Level 1

Seeing previous income

It said it was updated and showed correct balance from my Barclays bank account but no transactions showing from May 2nd. I really need to sort these today! Yes all showed fine and I just then allocated to personal or Business but nothing there! I don't know where you mean to log in I have done this numerous times and bank account is connected 100%!

KhimG
QuickBooks Team

Seeing previous income

Thanks for the update, @Bequality.

The login through the incognito mentioned by my colleague is a process to check if the issue is browser related. Sometimes cache stores up in the system causing problems inside the program.

You can load the QBSE site using a private window. Here’s how:

• Ctrl + Shift + P (Internet Explorer)
  • Command + Shift + N (Safari)
  • Ctrl+ Shift + N (Google Chrome)
  • Ctrl + Shift + P (Mozilla Firefox

Once logged in, verify if the May 2nd transactions are showing on your end. If you continue to get the same result, I recommend updating the bank manually to refresh the connection. Follow the steps below:

1. Click the Gear icon at the upper right corner of the screen.
  2. Choose Bank Accounts.
  3. Hit the Refresh All button.

For more information about bank feeds, check out this article: Bank Feeds Direct Connect FAQ in QuickBooks Self-Employed.

That should get you back up and running in no time.

Keep me updated on how this goes. I’m always here to help should you need anything else. Take care!

Bequality
Level 1

Seeing previous income

That works fine now, so I just need to clear my cache is that all?

KhimG
QuickBooks Team

Seeing previous income

Hi again, @Bequality.

I’m glad that clearing your browser’s cache fixed the issue.

Yes, doing that on a regular basis usually prevents this from happening in the future. For more information about the process, check out this article: Clear my browser cache and temporary Internet files.

That should do it. Reach out to me if you have any other concerns. I’m always ready to help. Have a good one!

Need to get in touch?

Contact us