cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Experienced Member
Solved

Transferring data from Kashflow to QB

Hi I have recently switched to QB from Kashflow. With a different client I know that their Sage data was transferred onto QB (though I didn't do it, so am not sure how it was done) Can it be done from Kashflow and if so how, I had heard that the first year of data transfer was free and if you want more you have to pay, which is fine as we need all of our previous years transferring if possible.

Many thanks for any help

Best answer a month ago

Accepted Solutions
QuickBooks Team

Re: Transferring data from Kashflow to QB

Hello there, @BlondeAccountant

I appreciate you sharing with me that your other client has successfully transferred data from Sage to QuickBooks Online (QBO). 

I'll help ensure you're able to convert your data from Kashflow to QBO. 

Below is the complete list of information that can be converted: 

• Customer balances
  • Supplier balances
  • Items list
  • Historical transactions
  • Customer details
  • Supplier details
  • Chart of accounts
  • Account balances

We currently convert core accounting information and not the following data types: 

• Sales orders
  • Payroll records
  • Negative stock
  • Attachments
  • Departments
  • Budgets
  • Memorised transactions
  • Invoice template and other templates

For more information, you can check out this helpful article: Import Limitations

Since you'll need to convert the data from Kashflow to QBO, you'll need to submit your request using our Kashflow service. The free conversion is from 01/04/2017 to date. Then, you can perform the steps below: 

1. Fill in the details on our conversion form and upload a backup of your data.
  2. We'll migrate your data and notify you to review the results.
  3. After migration, you can confirm you're happy and can start using your new company file.

For more details, you can visit the Kashflow FAQs article. 

The steps above will help you with transferring Kashflow data to QuickBooks, @BlondeAccountant. I'm here anytime you have other concerns. Have a great day!

QuickBooks Team

Thank you for your response, BlondeAccountant.

Allow me to step in for a moment and guide you on the right track migrating your Kashflow account to QuickBooks Online.

Yes you’re correct, QBO Accountant is not an option when selecting the type of version in the Convert to QuickBooks Online form. As a workaround, select QuickBooks Online Plus to complete the migration form.

Once done, click on the Start Conversion button to migrate your Kashflow data to QBO. After converting the data, you can now start using your QBO account. 

Just in case, we have lots of tutorial videos that'll guide you step-by-step on how to do various tasks in QuickBooks Online. To view them, click on this link: Online Videos.

This information should point you in the right direction for this question.

If there’s anything else I can help you with, please reach out. I’m more than happy to assist further.

3 REPLIES 3
QuickBooks Team

Hello there, @BlondeAccountant

I appreciate you sharing with me that your other client has successfully transferred data from Sage to QuickBooks Online (QBO). 

I'll help ensure you're able to convert your data from Kashflow to QBO. 

Below is the complete list of information that can be converted: 

• Customer balances
  • Supplier balances
  • Items list
  • Historical transactions
  • Customer details
  • Supplier details
  • Chart of accounts
  • Account balances

We currently convert core accounting information and not the following data types: 

• Sales orders
  • Payroll records
  • Negative stock
  • Attachments
  • Departments
  • Budgets
  • Memorised transactions
  • Invoice template and other templates

For more information, you can check out this helpful article: Import Limitations

Since you'll need to convert the data from Kashflow to QBO, you'll need to submit your request using our Kashflow service. The free conversion is from 01/04/2017 to date. Then, you can perform the steps below: 

1. Fill in the details on our conversion form and upload a backup of your data.
  2. We'll migrate your data and notify you to review the results.
  3. After migration, you can confirm you're happy and can start using your new company file.

For more details, you can visit the Kashflow FAQs article. 

The steps above will help you with transferring Kashflow data to QuickBooks, @BlondeAccountant. I'm here anytime you have other concerns. Have a great day!

Experienced Member

Hi RaymondJayO

Thank-you very much for the helpful response, however, I was filling out the QBO migration form and it asks what version of QB I am using. How do I know which one it is, as far as I know it's QB accountant, but that isn't an option. Sorry-I know that's a bit of a stupid question, but I don't want to risk messing it up.

QuickBooks Team

Thank you for your response, BlondeAccountant.

Allow me to step in for a moment and guide you on the right track migrating your Kashflow account to QuickBooks Online.

Yes you’re correct, QBO Accountant is not an option when selecting the type of version in the Convert to QuickBooks Online form. As a workaround, select QuickBooks Online Plus to complete the migration form.

Once done, click on the Start Conversion button to migrate your Kashflow data to QBO. After converting the data, you can now start using your QBO account. 

Just in case, we have lots of tutorial videos that'll guide you step-by-step on how to do various tasks in QuickBooks Online. To view them, click on this link: Online Videos.

This information should point you in the right direction for this question.

If there’s anything else I can help you with, please reach out. I’m more than happy to assist further.