Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Everything you need to know about banking in QuickBooks Online - Discover more
SusiHukki
Level 1

Where has my VAT Page Gone?

I sent off my VAT Return last Quater to HMRC direct from QuickBooks without any problem.

This Quarter the VAT page ('Taxes') is completely blank.  Why and how to fix.

Thanks in advance

Solved
Best answer February 14, 2019

Accepted Solutions
RaymondJayO

Pleased to see you here in the Community, @SusiHukki

Thanks for letting me know that you've submitted your VAT return to HMRC for the last quarter without any issues. 

I’ll help ensure you’re able to see the VAT page in QuickBooks Online (QBO). 

Here are the possible reasons why you’re getting a blank page when accessing the VAT section on the Taxes tab:

•     The browser’s cache is full
  •     The browser’s pop-ups are disabled

To help resolve this, let’s use a private/incognito browser since it doesn’t store data in the cache. This way, it helps isolate the issue and verify if this is a browser-related issue.

Here are the following keyboard shortcuts to open it: 

•     Internet Explorer: press Ctrl + Shift + P
  •     Mozilla Firefox: press Ctrl + Shift + P
  •     Google Chrome: press Ctrl + Shift + N
  •     Safari: press Command + Shift +N

If the private browser works, let’s go back to your regular browser and start clearing the cache and its temporary internet files. This way, it’s a good way to get a clean slate for your browser. 

After that, let’s enable pop-ups for QBO since it helps the website to work properly. Then, you’ll have to sign back in to your QBO account and check if the VAT page will appear now. 

Please update me how it goes on your end, @SusiHukki. I'm just a comment away if there's anything else you need. I’ll gladly help. Have a good day.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
RaymondJayO

Pleased to see you here in the Community, @SusiHukki

Thanks for letting me know that you've submitted your VAT return to HMRC for the last quarter without any issues. 

I’ll help ensure you’re able to see the VAT page in QuickBooks Online (QBO). 

Here are the possible reasons why you’re getting a blank page when accessing the VAT section on the Taxes tab:

•     The browser’s cache is full
  •     The browser’s pop-ups are disabled

To help resolve this, let’s use a private/incognito browser since it doesn’t store data in the cache. This way, it helps isolate the issue and verify if this is a browser-related issue.

Here are the following keyboard shortcuts to open it: 

•     Internet Explorer: press Ctrl + Shift + P
  •     Mozilla Firefox: press Ctrl + Shift + P
  •     Google Chrome: press Ctrl + Shift + N
  •     Safari: press Command + Shift +N

If the private browser works, let’s go back to your regular browser and start clearing the cache and its temporary internet files. This way, it’s a good way to get a clean slate for your browser. 

After that, let’s enable pop-ups for QBO since it helps the website to work properly. Then, you’ll have to sign back in to your QBO account and check if the VAT page will appear now. 

Please update me how it goes on your end, @SusiHukki. I'm just a comment away if there's anything else you need. I’ll gladly help. Have a good day.

SusiHukki
Level 1

Many thanks for your help. 

Fortunately, I did not need to go through clearing the cache (which has been done recently anyway) as the page suddenly appeared after I contacted QB support.

I now have a problem submitting the VAT Return for this Quarter.  Last Quarter, it went through t o HMRC without any problem (it was a 'test', and rejected as we had already sent it our usual way on HMRC pages, we received the appropriate acknowledgement from HMRC that it had been received loud and clear).

The QB webpage is now coming up with a message that 'QB pages are still under construction and you cannot use this service.  Ring HMRC'.  (screen print not allowed).   WHY?

As you now, as from April it will be mandatory so please can you investigate what the problem is with your software and arrange for us to be able to transmit the VAT Return to HMRC from QB, as we did last Quarter.

Please can you fix this fault as you do advertise that you have the appropriate software to comply with HMRC's latest standatrds.

Thanks in advance

Kind regards

EdwardR
QuickBooks Team

Hello SusiHukki,

Thank you for your reply I a glad to hear the issue with your VAT page has been resolved.

I would suggest contacting our support team so that we can investigate this query for you, this will then allow us to resolve or escalate the query to the correct team via a screen share.

Thanks,

Need to get in touch?

Contact us