Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Everything you need to know about banking in QuickBooks Online - Discover more
kdf
Level 2

i cannot connect bank with QB

Hi, 

The below message keeps coming up when i try to sync my bank with QB, please can anyone explain what is happening with this error code below & if this is happening to anyone else?

Thank you for your time?

That wasn't quite right. Try again.

Your bank will send you a new code. (187)

17 REPLIES 17
TaliaI
QuickBooks Team

Hello kdf,

What bank are you attempting to connect?

Thanks,

Talia

kdf
Level 2

Hi,

I'm trying to connect with Barclays Bank UK - i've also tried again this evening and still i cannot sync my bank with QB - keep coming up with the same error 101 code.

kdf
Level 2

Hi,

I've looked on my Quickbooks and logged into my account, i've tried again to sync the bank account to quickbooks without any luck, i also found all my data for the last year and a half has all gone, all records, please can i ask how this is possible as i cannot understand why nothing isnt working for me on my account.

Many thanks for your help

Rasa-LilaM
QuickBooks Team

Thanks for joining on this thread, kdf.

Allow me to step in for a moment and share some additional information about the connection issue. 

Our engineers are aware that some customers are getting the error 101 when syncing their bank. They’re diligently working towards finding a fix to get the online banking back to normal.

While waiting for the permanent fix, I suggest you contact our QBO Support Team to add the company to the notification list (INV-29852). This way, you’ll receive an email once there’s progress to the issue.

To reach them:

1. In the upper right hand, choose the Help icon,
  2. Click on the Contact Us link.
  3. Enter the issue/topic in the field box.
  4. In the Choose a way to connect with us section, select Chat or Get a callback.

In the meantime, use the WebConnect feature to download new transactions and import them in QBO. To do this task, follow the steps below:

1. Go to Banking on the left panel, then select Banking.
  2. Click on the drop-down for Update, and select Upload transactions manually.
  3. On the Upload file page, click on the Browse button and locate the file you’re working on.
  4. Select Open, then click Next.
  5. On the Map CSV columns page, make sure to match the account field to a QuickBooks field.
  6. On the CSV transactions for import page, select the data you want to import.
  7. Click on Next and Let's go!.

Rest assured, I’ll also update this thread when the solution is available.

I appreciate your patience while we’re working on this. If you have any questions or concerns about QBO, please let me know by posting a comment below. I’ll be right here to answer them.

kdf
Level 2

Hi 

Thank you for your help - but nothing seems to be working at all - since August my milage hasnt worked and now i have lost over a years worth of book keeping on QB - i also cannot connect my bank Barclays as its error 101.

Is Quickbooks having a melt down or something, coz nothing is working correctly at all, and all the advice i keep being sent, and no offence to QB, isnt working or its just i havent got the time to sit and read through instructions and find it doesnt work again as i have a full time business to run.

Please can someone help me with my situation to save me time and money? 

my email address is [email address removed]

Thank you kindly for your assistance & perseverance in helping with my situation.

John C
QuickBooks Team

Hi kdf

Barclays have been undergoing maintenance over the last few days relating to third party connections. We have been told that it was due to be completed yesterday.

We would be grateful if you can attempt to re-connect your bank.

kdf
Level 2

Hi,

Thank you again for your reply & help,

I have however been trying to conntect with Barclays for the last 3 days, and tried 18 times this morning to connect, without any joy.

Please could i ask when all the system is working as i currently cannot file my book keeping or have my mileage working and i have seemed to have lost over 18 months of record keeping on this account QB.

regards

Kevin

EmmaM
QuickBooks Team

Hello Kdf

We have been advised this morning this issue should be resolved as Barclays have now completed their maintenance

What message do you get,does it have an error number?

If you have tried that many times the cache in the browser can save and repeat the same results.

Can  we ask you to sign in to QuickBooks Online, clear the cache and cookies in the browser you are signed in on then it should sign you out of the product.If you sign back in and then try and connect again

If you need help on how to clear the cache let us know

Thanks

Emma

kdf
Level 2

Hi,

Please could i have a UK direct number to call please about this Barclays Bank connection fault - I've added my account onto QB, but it wont place the transactions onto the system and keeps asking me for a PINsentry number to log another bank on.

Also i have been doing my books on here since 2017 and all the updates and saved book keeping has all gone its all now at Zero, please could someone please tell me where all this has gone as i don't understand all the handwork I've placed into correcting and saving my transactions have suddenly gone. 

Thank you for your help and i hope all my book keeping returns asap

MirriamM

Hello, Rob-D4PLTD, rwatkinsf, and OliverT,

I was able to check and further review your concern and would like to let you know this issue is currently being investigated.

I know your time is valuable. Our engineers are actively working on a fix to resolve this as soon as possible.

For the meantime, we will need to wait for an update on the ticket that we have submitted about this. As soon as I hear anything from our banking team, I will reach out to you and provide an update.

I appreciate your patience while we continue working on this. Please let me know if there's anything else you need help with. I'm always here to assist. Take care.

kdf
Level 2

Hi,

Thank you for your speedy reply, i do hope this is resolved before easter, as i seems to have lost everything on here!

kdf
Level 2

Hi,

I have been chatting to someone via email from Quickbooks called Pedro, and i have just been sending messages and not getting any reply, and im wondering why this has just stopped?

the reason being is that i would like QB to retreive all the data i have saved on my account back, since QB has had issues, and its not my bank as i have checked, that all my data and reports i kept on my account self employed QB has just been ZERO'd and its all gone - all data from 2017 vanished, and i have been asked if i deleted it, now i'm not stupid to wipe all my own data for by business, but i'd like to know where its all gone!

if anything gets updated or there are issues - i believe customers should be emailed of these events taking place.

I have not just managed to Sync my Barclays bank account back with QB account - but all the hours and hard-work i put into this account has just vanished.

after trying to get somewhere with chatting to support via email, to then just stop, please can someone please tell me whats going on, as this sounds suspicious to me.

Thank you for your time & efforts to help me with this, its just its not everyday you loose everything you worked hard for.

I apologies for the long winded message & thanks for your hard work & help.

KDF ( Kevin )

KD Frank Landscape Gardening Services

MaryLandT

Hello there, @kdf,

I've received an update that you can now connect your Barclays accounts with QuickBooks. However, our engineering team are still working on the last step, which is to retrieve your  missing data.

No worries. We'll let you know once the fix has been deployed.

I appreciate your patience and understanding while we look into this. Take care always.

kdf
Level 2

Hi,

Its been a few weeks now, and just wondering if the data has any developments please? as i need it all back on the QB account please for me to start paperwork for my accountant.

Many thanks

kdf

Rasa-LilaM
QuickBooks Team

Thanks for coming back to the Online Community, kdf.

Allow me chime in and point you in the right direction on how to connect and retrieve the missing transactions.

I’ve checked with my tools, and this issue is already considered as closed and resolved. Since transactions from Barclays are still not posted, I recommend contacting our QBO Team to have this case re-opened for further investigation.

Please provide them this investigation number: INV-29852. The most up to date contact information can be found here:

1. In your QBSE company, select the Help in the upper right.
  2. Select Contact us.
  3. Enter the issue/topic, then select Continue.
  4. Choose your preferred method to contact support.

In the meantime, let’s update the bank account so it can fetch new data. Here's how:

1. In your QBSE account, go to the Gear icon in the upper right hand.
  2. Select Bank accounts.
  3. Click Refresh all.

You can perform this process around 3-5 times to build a stable connection between QBSE and your bank.

This should help you move forward. Please keep me posted about how things go after contacting support. I want to make sure this is taken care of for you.

kdf
Level 2

Hi,

Thank you for getting back to me,

I have already been in touch with QBO & i am getting no reply's back - i cannot understand how something i have been emailing about every day / week be closed & resolved???????????

I've asked for a telephone number many times to talk to someone in the UK and no one gives me these details.

I have been calm about all of this but now i am getting really annoyed that i'm getting no where with my issues, no one can fix these issues and QB has lost all my data from 2017 and no one is doing anything about it!

all i keep getting is different people messaging me and passing me on to other people & getting copies of the same thing to trial test & troubleshoot & get no where, all i ask is for help - someone to resolve this, and the emails i get are they are fixing it, they know of my issue & they know of my issue and they are fixing it - to now be told its closed and resolved!!!???? WHAT!????

Look please can someone help me, i require my data back where i spent hours and months creating for it to be deleted, someone said on QB did i cancel all my own work, well!!! i've heard some stuff in my time but why should I cancel my own work??? i spent a 18 hour day gathering all my data from 2017 to present for it to be all gone!

I will take legal  action if this isn't resolved as i have all copies of my emails photo's of everything i have tried to progress with customer support of QB without any evidence of anything working to make this right / fixed.

No one is answering my emails and the last person i spoke to was Pedro, I've sent another 3 emails and still no reply, is that closed too???

All i ask is for help and someone to stay with me to resolve this, but it isn't the case, i do hope QB can help me as i am not happy with this service at all!

ShiellaGraceA
QuickBooks Team

If I were in your position, I would feel the same way, kdf.

When a representative gets your data, they will escalate it. That said, your case has already been taken care of.

Someone from our Customer Care Support will call you and assist you further.

Let me know if there's anything else you need help with. I'm always here for you.

Need to get in touch?

Contact us