Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Everything you need to know about banking in QuickBooks Online - Discover more
cnobi
Level 1

problems importing csv file

hi

im having issues importing the csv file for transactions longer than 90 days which i downloaded from Santander... when i try to import...the "continue" button comes on in a dim way but its not clickable to actually continue

it just sits there doing nothing

i'm using QB self employed online if that helps

please help

Solved
Best answer February 11, 2020

Accepted Solutions
ShiellaGraceA
QuickBooks Team

Hi @Mark Grafton,

You'll want to review the column headers and data of your downloaded file. Make sure the Date, Description, and Amount columns on the CSV match the columns and order in QuickBooks.

In your case, you can delete incorrect transactions and import them again.

I've got this awesome article that you can use as your guide in adding older transactions to QuickBooks Self-Employed. I'm also attaching our page about importing bank transactions using Excel CVS files for your reference.

Stay in touch if you have other questions about QuickBooks. I'd be glad to help. Thanks for joining the Community and have a good one. Cheers!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
MirriamM

Hello, cnobi,

I'm here to get the help you need to ensure that you'd able to import your bank transactions.

To start, you can perform some troubleshooting steps like accessing your account in a Private browsing window.

Here are the keyboard shortcuts that will help you accomplish this in all supported browsers:

• Google Chrome: press Ctrl + Shift + N
  • Mozilla Firefox: press Ctrl + Shift + P
  • Internet Explorer: press Ctrl + Shift + P
  • Safari: press Command + Shift +N

Before importing data into your QuickBooks Self-Employed account, kindly check if the format of your file is one of the accepted formats when importing transactions:

• Make sure the file is on a CSV (comma-separated values) format.
  • Check if the file has blank lines, if it does delete them.
  • Please make sure to select the column header labels (from the dropdowns) that match the column header labels in your CSV file.
  • Your CSV file should contain the following information: Date, Description and Amount.

Once the format is verified, kindly try to import again using a private browser.

To guide you in importing transactions, I'm attaching some helpful articles for your reference:

Keep me posted on how it goes. I want to ensure that you'd able to import your transactions. Have a great day!

VinceJ
Level 1

@MirriamM wrote:

Hello, cnobi,

I'm here to get the help you need to ensure that you'd able to import your bank transactions.

To start, you can perform some troubleshooting steps like accessing your account in a Private browsing window.

Here are the keyboard shortcuts that will help you accomplish this in all supported browsers:

• Google Chrome: press Ctrl + Shift + N
  • Mozilla Firefox: press Ctrl + Shift + P
  • Internet Explorer: press Ctrl + Shift + P
  • Safari: press Command + Shift +N

Before importing data into your QuickBooks Self-Employed account, kindly check if the format of your file is one of the accepted formats when importing transactions:

• Make sure the file is on a CSV (comma-separated values) format.
  • Check if the file has blank lines, if it does delete them.
  • Please make sure to select the column header labels (from the dropdowns) that match the column header labels in your CSV file.
  • Your CSV file should contain the following information: Date, Description and Amount.

Once the format is verified, kindly try to import again using a private browser.

To guide you in importing transactions, I'm attaching some helpful articles for your reference:

Keep me posted on how it goes. I want to ensure that you'd able to import your transactions. Have a great day!

VinceJ
Level 1

The issue is that Santander no longer supply CSV files. As per the image its txt or gif. There are converters out there but I wish that quicken would supply one - rather than having to go to one of there competitors sites for the conversion.
Mark Grafton
Level 1

I have a blind spot of transactions that I need to categorise, for some reason Quickbooks did not auto import them from Nationwide for a space of about 20 days.

I have downloaded the CSV from the bank but I receive an error when I upload the file. I bypass this error and continue...

- 1 transaction doesn't even show after upload.

- All the "paid out" transactions refuse to show in my books.

- All the "paid in" transactions show as outgoing costs.

Complete shambles.

You team on social don't seem to have a clue how to help and are poor about getting back to me. 

This is not the first issue I've had with QB that has slowed down my accounting.

ShiellaGraceA
QuickBooks Team

Hi @Mark Grafton,

You'll want to review the column headers and data of your downloaded file. Make sure the Date, Description, and Amount columns on the CSV match the columns and order in QuickBooks.

In your case, you can delete incorrect transactions and import them again.

I've got this awesome article that you can use as your guide in adding older transactions to QuickBooks Self-Employed. I'm also attaching our page about importing bank transactions using Excel CVS files for your reference.

Stay in touch if you have other questions about QuickBooks. I'd be glad to help. Thanks for joining the Community and have a good one. Cheers!

Need to get in touch?

Contact us