cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
saul2
Level 2

1) seeing which bank statements have been uploaded 2) does it sync continuously?

Hello. I'm new on QB and would greatly appreciate help on these please.

1) I synced my bank accounts but I can't see if I synced 1 specific quarter, or a rolling last 90 days. How do I see this? The dates in the system range from 11/1/19-5/4/19.

2) I want all data from 1/1/19 in QB but one of QB's big failings is that it can't import more than 90 days. So what's the best way to get all data from 1/1/19 into QB, and to make it "grow" automatically from there so I'm always up to date?

3) Bank Account dates. I want to generate VAT for Q1 2019:

(i) some transactions later than 31/3/19 are already synced (I don't how). So I get a "pure" feed for Q1 19 VAT, should I erase all data and just pull in Q1 so I don't have to mess around with CSV files?

(ii) how do I then "add" to that data going forwards so I can bring April in?

I know these are basic questions but I find QB very unintuitive in the way it doesn't let you see what data has already been pulled.

thanks

3 Comments 3
MaryGraceS

1) seeing which bank statements have been uploaded 2) does it sync continuously?

Hi there, @saul2

Let me help you go over to your downloaded banking transactions, and have them properly recorded. 

After your first connection with direct feeds, your bank transactions will be uploaded starting at the date you've set. However, if you opt using standard feeds, QuickBooks Online will download your 90-days worth of bank transactions. Also, with this method, you have an option to download your transactions in shorter periods, like weeks, days or even hours.

To check the transactions downloaded, you can go to the For Review tab in the Banking section, and compare the transactions with your statement. 

Next, you can export additional historical transactions from the bank and upload them into your company. QuickBooks Online allows you to import them manually. 

Please take note that you’ll need to download transactions from your bank’s website with the accepted file format. Here’s a list of the accepted formats:

1. Comma-Separated Values (CSV)
  2. Quicken (QFX)
  3. QuickBooks Online (QBO)
  4. Microsoft Money (OFX)

Once you have the bank data, you can import it into QBO. You can also refer to this article for more details: How to upload more than 90 days of bank transactions.

For your third question, if the transactions later than 31/3/19 are on the For Review tab, no need to delete them. You can just match them with the transactions you entered in QuickBooks. The following article contains more information about matching and adding the banking transactions: Add and match downloaded banking transactions.

I've also attached some articles below for additional reference: 

Stay in touch if you have additional questions about bank feeds or while working with QuickBooks. I'll be happy to help you out. Have a great rest of your week. 

saul2
Level 2

Thank you for your reply. 

1) how do I change the bank feeds from standard to direct?

RCV
QuickBooks Team
QuickBooks Team

Great to hear from you today, saul2.

You can follow the steps below on how to establish direct feeds in QuickBooks Online:

1. Click Banking from the left menu.
  2. Click Add account in the upper right if you already have an account connected.
  3. Enter your bank's name in the Search bar or select it from the tiles below.
  4. Choose Get direct bank feeds, then click Get direct feeds.
  5. Enter your bank and company details.
  6. Click Next and Agree.
  7. Choose the account you want to connect, then click Connect.
  8. Preview, print, and hand-sign the form. If there are two signatories then all signatories need to sign the form. Please note that copies of the form are not accepted by banks.
  9. Post the form:
  • If your account is with NatWest or Royal Bank of Scotland, post your form to Freeport Intuit, 1 Cathedral Piazza, 1st and 2nd floors, London SW1E 5BP.
  • If your account is with Lloyds, post your form to Lloyds Banking Group, PO BOX 1000, BX2 1LB.
  • If your account is with HSBC, you are not required to post your form. Follow and complete the on-screen instructions.

You can check out this article for more details about direct feeds: Connecting to your bank using direct feeds.

Feel free to reply to this thread if you need anything else. I'd be glad to help.

Need to get in touch?

Contact us