cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Experienced Member

Accountant Tools: Write off invoices

I used "Accountant Tools: Write off Invoices" to write off small balances from previous years.  I used a bad debt account and item and set the date to the current date.

The credit memos were created in the current year (18) and applied to invoices in prior years.  The balance sheet and the P&L look correct and these invoices do not show up in AR as open invoices anymore.

The only problem - in customer center, the balance total by the customer still shows a balance.  Why?  I tried deleting the credit memo and then the balance total doubled.  How is the "balance total" in the customer center list calculated?

Thanks!

1 Comment

Re: Accountant Tools: Write off invoices

Hello, @miller84.

I'm here to help figure out why the customer center still shows a balance total. It's possible that this is caused by multiple editing of invoices. Since the reports look correct, I'd suggest deleting and recreating theses invoices.

However, if the balance total still shows, It'd be best to contact our Online Care Support to verify which invoice is causing this issue. They can help check your transactions in a secure environment using their screen share tool.

Keep me updated how it goes. I'll be here to help if you have other questions. Have a great weekend.