cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Micah1
Level 1

Accountants Changes File

My accountant sent back their file with the accountant changes made on the file(we'll call F1), all I needed to do was upload the file.

But the option to do so was not there(it was in light gray and unavailable). I believe because I had removed restrictions some time ago and forgot..

Unfortunately, I then sent another accountants file thinking I could then upload the F1. However now when I try to open F1 it says the file can not be opened.

Is there any way my accountant and combine F1 with the second accountants copy I sent? With out having to manually change all of the updates made by the accountant for a second time?

Thank you!

1 Comment 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Accountants Changes File

Hello, @Micah1.

Thank you for posting in the Community. I'm here to help share some information about an accountant's copy in QuickBooks.

Once the restriction has been removed, the changes on the current Accountant's Copy will not be imported to the Company file. You will have to send another Accountant's copy or manually enter the accountant's changes. At this time, we don't have the option to combine the second copy. 

Let me provide you with the following articles below for more information: 

Accountant's copy overview

Remove the accountant's copy restriction

Let me know if you have additional questions. I'm here to help however I can.

Need to get in touch?

Contact us