cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Optimize
Level 2

Administrator doesnt have view rights to bank account

As of today, when I log into my company file as the administrator and try to view my bank register, I get a message that says I don't have rights to view the bank account and to ask the administrator for access - but I am logged in already as the administrator. When I look at the permissions detail report there is a banking category and two sub-categories - one for banking accounts and one for the specific account we created in chart of accounts. The permissions detail says the administrator has access to banking, but does not have access to bank accounts or the specific bank account. I tried setting up a new user login with admin access but got the same result.

I opened the file on a different computer but had the same issue, so it isn't a general computer issue. I also opened a different file in the same program (QB Accountant Enterprise 2017) and that one works fine, so it's not a problem with the program. When I open the backup file I encounter the same issue. It was working fine until today.

This is a file we've been maintaining for a client for years - there's a lot of history we can't afford to lose.

I am a professional bookkeeper and have worked on dozens of versions of QB over the years, but have never encountered anything like this.

How do I restore administrator access to my bank account?

3 Comments 3
JamesDuanT

I appreciate you for doing the necessary troubleshooting steps to determine the cause issue, Optimize. Let's get this fixed and make sure you're able to access your bank registers again.

Based on the troubleshooting steps you've mentioned, it's possible that we have a data-integrity issue on your company file. We can fix the damaged data by doing the Verify and Rebuild process. Fee free to browse this article for the detailed steps: Verify and Rebuild Data in QuickBooks Desktop.

After the troubleshooting steps, make sure to close and reopen QuickBooks. This will refresh your data and the program. Then, update QuickBooks to the latest release.

Let me know how this goes. I'll be right here if you need more assistance with this.

Optimize
Level 2

Thank you so much for the quick response! I will give this a try tomorrow and let you know how it goes. 

Optimize
Level 2

This worked! Thanks so much!

Need to get in touch?

Contact us