cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Thayden
Level 1

After updating to Premier 2019, my Intuit Data Protect Backup icon disappeared. How do I get it back?

3 Comments 3
Charies_M

After updating to Premier 2019, my Intuit Data Protect Backup icon disappeared. How do I get it back?

Hello there, Thayden.

I appreciate the time you've given reaching out the Community. Let's get this working for you.

First, we'll want to make sure your QuickBooks Desktop is up to date to take advantage of updates and bug fixes.

Here's how:

1. Go to Help menu, then choose Update QuickBooks.
  2. Select on the Update Now tab.
  3. Scroll down and ensure Data Protect is checked.
  4. Click Get Updates.
  5. Once the updates are complete, close and reopen QuickBooks Desktop to apply the updates.

Otherwise, you can check out this article for more troubleshooting steps that can help fix the issue: Troubleshoot Common Intuit Data Protect (IDP) Problems.

If you're still unable to find the IDP icon, I suggest calling our QuickBooks Care Team to conduct further investigation and come up with a fix.

Also, you may find this article helpful. This article provides answer to basic questions about Intuit Data Protect: Intuit Data Protect: Frequently Asked Questions.

You've got me here if there's anything else you need to know more about Intuit Data Protect in QuickBooks. I'll be around to help you some more.

Thayden
Level 1

I followed your instructions and got an error that my secure credentials for Intuit Data Protect had expired.  I just upgraded to Premier Nonprofit Edition 2019 yesterday & understood that IDP was included in that purchase.  

Thayden
Level 1

I followed your instructions & eventually came to a screen where I can pay.  I just upgraded to Premier Nonprofit Edition 2019 yesterday & understood that IDP was included.

Thanks,

Tammy

Need to get in touch?

Contact us