cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
ADG
Experienced Member

Aging invoices

In Mac Desktop 2014, when I would click on a customer to view the invoices, there was a column that showed how many days the invoice was overdue.  Since I've updated to 2019, it seems that information does not show, is not available, or I don't know how to configure what I'm viewing.  I would rather not have to run a report every time I just need a quick look at whether a customer is up to date.  Thanks in advance.

3 Comments
QuickBooks Team

Re: Aging invoices

Hi there, @ADG.

Thanks for posting here in the Community. I can help determine why your invoices overdue information is not showing in QuickBooks.

I've checked and verified that there's no ongoing issue regarding this behavior in Desktop Mac. This seems to be a data issue since you mentioned that this happens after the update.

Let's find out by running the Verify Rebuild tool. Here's how:

1. To verify data, choose File and select Utilities.
  2. Click Verify Data.
  3. If you are prompted with Your data has lost integrity, it indicates there is data damage in the file. Continue to the next step to Rebuild Data.
  4. Choose the File menu again and select Utilities.
  5. Click Rebuild Data.
  6. You will receive a warning message to backup your company file, press OK.
  7. The Rebuild Data utility starts as soon as the backup is finished.
  8. Click OK when you get the message Rebuild has completed.

If there's a specific error message after verifying data, please let me know. I'll be here to assist you further with other troubleshooting steps. You can also contact our Mac Support if you need assistance in going through the steps.

Here's how you can reach them:

1. Go to: https://help.quickbooks.intuit.com/en_US/contact.
  2. Choose QuickBooks Mac Desktop.
  3. Select a topic.
  4. Click on the Get Phone Number button to see the support number.

Keep me posted if you have additional questions about viewing your invoice. I'm always here to help.

ADG
Experienced Member

LilyC, thanks for the quick reply.  The update to 2019 went fine, and I haven't seen any specific issues with the data.  Went ahead and Verified and Rebuilt data, no errors.  Relaunched QB, still doesn't show the number of aging days.  I don't even see a column for it (is there a way to "make" it show?)  At the bottom I can filter "Overdue" invoices, which is helpful, but I still have to calculate how many days in my head.  I have a "COD" customer, and I've created new invoices since the update, and they don't show the days overdue either.  I thought maybe only the invoices from before the update lost the info.

QuickBooks Team

Greetings, ADG.

I appreciate all of your effort in trying to resolve this yourself. Since you're still unable to, I'd like to direct you to the support where you can get further assistance.

I'd love to take a closer look at the setup of your QuickBooks to determine why you're still unable to view the aging days of your invoices so that I can come up with a solution. However, the resources necessary to accomplish this are under our Customer Care Team, so I highly recommend reaching out to them:

Contact QuickBooks Support

1. Click the link to head to the Official Intuit Contact page.
  2. Select QuickBooks Mac Desktop.
  3. Choose Using QuickBooks for Mac.
  4. Click Get Phone Number at the bottom.

Let me know how it goes, I want to make sure this is taken care of. Thanks again for reaching out, I'll be keeping an eye out for your response.