cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Experienced Member

Alignment of check is NOT SAVING

I recently got a new computer - not a new printer(s).  I use one printer for both voucher checks and 3 checks on a page/2 checks on a page.  This printer can not print a single check that is left over after using 2 checks on a 3-check page.  SO, I simply use a second printer to printer to print those single/solo checks.  EVERY TIME I change back and forth between printers, my alignment is off again.  I have it memorized....I set it to 21 vertical.  But I can't remember to change it every time.  I never had to fine tune the alignment when I was using my old computer.  Help please.  I have wasted so many checks.

3 Comments
QuickBooks Team

Re: Alignment of check is NOT SAVING

Thanks for posting in the Intuit Community, mwortmann,

I'm here to ensure you'd able to save check alignment.

In QuickBooks, you can use coarse and fine adjustments when setting up your printer to align your checks, invoices, and other forms to print on continuous-feed printers.

You can only use coarse adjustments if you are using checks, invoices, or forms purchased from Intuit. Other continuous-feed forms can't be adjusted using this method. If your coarse adjustments are successful, you won't need to make fine adjustments.

For further details in setting up your printer, here's a great resource that you can check: Align checks, invoices, and other forms for continuous-feed (dot matrix) printers.

If there's anything else I can help you with, please feel free to reach back out. Have a great day!

I'm using QB Pro 2016 and after I enter the correct alignment settings for printing a check, it only remembers those settings until I change printers. After changing printers, the alignment settings go back to the defaults, which are incorrect for the printing of checks. Any suggestions on keeping the correct settings? The help article referenced, do not address the issue that I'm having.

QuickBooks Team

Thanks for posting your concern here in the Community, @gcosgrove.

I’m here to help save the check alignment printing settings.

You need to rename the QBPrint.qbp file to save the printer set up and customization of your checks. This is the preferred troubleshooting for QuickBooks to remember the right printing settings.

Download and run the QuickBooks Print and PDF Repair Tool to rename the file automatically. If this doesn’t work, perform the manual process below.

1. Find QBPrint.qbp. Make sure to display hidden files and folders or search the file using Windows.
  2. Right-click the QBprint.qbp file for your QuickBooks version and click Rename.
  3. Add the word old to the file name (QBprint.qbp.old).
  4. Open the QuickBooks program.
  5. Go to the File menu and select Printer Setup.
  6. Choose Check/Paycheck in the Form Name drop-down and click OK

Once done, QuickBooks creates a new Qbprint.qbp file. You can try printing the checks to verify if this fixes the issue.

Take a look at this article for more information: Rename the Qbprint.qbp file.

That should get you on the right track.

Let me know if this works out for you, I’m always here to help. Have a good one!