cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Established Member

Allocate Expenses By Custom 'Job' Name

Hello

Just started using Quickbooks and I'm importing some expenses via both the automated email system and the app. Once within my online system, can I allocated them by Job applying a specific label? I see I can do Business and Personal but I'd like to tag as say "Job ABC" then at the end of the month or something see all those specific tagged expenses in order to invoice them. 

Thanks

5 Comments
QuickBooks Team

Re: Allocate Expenses By Custom 'Job' Name

Pleased to have you here, @qthisup.

Let me help walk you through on how to enable and create tags in QuickBooks Self-Employed.

To turn on tagging, here’s how:

1. Go to the Gear Icon.
  2. Choose Labs.
  3. Look for Tagging.
  4. Toggle the Turn it On button. 
  5. Click on Add Tags in the Transactions page.
  6. Type in the tag you want.
  7. Click Save

Once completed, you can now add tags to your transactions and assign a specific color on it. 

That should do it! This will allow you to track both your Personal and Business income and expenses by client, by project and by location.

For additional insights,  you may check these articles:

Feel free to leave a post below if you have other questions about managing your transactions. I’m always here to help.

Established Member

Hello

Thanks for the message. This appears to be exactly what I need however "labs" is not an available option under my versions gear box. Do I need a different account? 

QuickBooks Team

You might be using a non- US version, qthisup.

The Labs feature is only available for the US versions of QuickBooks Self-Employed. I'll personally send this product suggestion to our Product Development Team to consider updates to non-US regions. 

We're always open if you need more help. 

Established Member

I am able to use tag on web version, please add tags to app as well. Thank you!

QuickBooks Team

Hi there, @upnorthpet.

It's nice to have you here on the Community page. I'm here to help share information about accessing QuickBooks using a web version and an app.

When logging in QuickBooks using an application, you may have limited access to some features which you can use/access on the web browser. As of now, to be able to create tags and access the QuickBooks Labs successfully, I recommend accessing your account using a supported web browser.

On the other hand, I'll do take note with this so can pass along the suggestion for you and be able to use/create tags using an application.

Let me know directly if you have any other QuickBooks questions, I'll be always here to help you. Have a great day ahead!