cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

App not saving manual mileage and stopped auto tracking.

The title says it all really.  I've followed the online tips and everything appears to be turned on as needed. But its completely stopped tracking - it was so useful when it worked. 

I did see that you shouldn't 'hard close' apps - which i do all the time to clear my phone.  Perhaps that has been my downfall?  Any other advice?  

3 Comments
QuickBooks Team

Re: App not saving manual mileage and stopped auto tracking.

Hey there, Dangirl07.

Thanks for joining the Online Community. I appreciate you following the online tips to get the mileage tracker working again.

When it comes to tracking your mileage, QuickBooks Self-Employed is dependent on some of your phone’s native settings to track trips. The device’s updated system settings like battery optimization or location access affect whether the app can track your trips.

Now, let’s try some new steps to help you get back to business. To begin, make sure the Settings Inspection setup is correct.

Here’s how:

1. Log in to your QuickBooks Self-Employed mobile app.
  2. Choose the Menu icon in the upper left, then select Settings.
  3. Swipe down and select Mileage Tracking.
  4. Find the list of settings with green, yellow, or red “lights.”
    *Green light means all of the settings are on correctly and don’t need to be fixed or reset.
    *Yellow light means there’s a test to verify the settings is working properly.
    *Red light means there’s an issue to be fixed.
  5. Once you see the red light, select Fix This.

Next, let’s perform a test drive for a day and see how it works. If you get the same result, I recommend following the troubleshooting steps in this article and proceed directly to the 

Permission to run in the background (whitelist) section: Android mileage tracking troubleshooting guide.

The information I provided should help you moving forward.

Let me know what the results are. I’ll be back to make sure this is taken care of.

Thanks.  Everything is green (set to on) I will be out and about today so will see if it records.  I have noticed that this morning it has trips from Monday - which weren't there Yesterday (Tuesday) so they have come up delayed.  Also it's not a complete list of what I've done in the last two days.  If I can't trust the app i'll need to find another way as this will be money Im losing.

Stay tuned for my trial today. Dan

QuickBooks Team

Welcome back to the Online Community, Dangirl07.

Thank you for letting us know the application’s setup is properly configured. I want to be sure your mileage tracker will record all the trips.

Since the tracker only recorded some data, I recommend contacting our QBO Care Team for further investigation. They have tools like screen-sharing that can help double check why the trips came in delayed.

You can reach them by following these steps:

1. Log in to your QuickBooks Self-Employed account.
  2. Go to Help at the top, then select Contact us.
  3. Enter your question in the Ask a question field, then choose Search.
  4. Select Contact Us.

For other ways on how to contact our support team, follow the steps in this article and go directly to the Ask QB Assistant section: Contact QuickBooks Self-Employed Support.

That should point you in the right direction.

If there's anything else I can help you with, please let me know by posting a comment below. I'm always ready to assist you further. Have a good one.