cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Explorer *

Assessing Finance Charges

After I assess finance charges, I then get an error message when I try to back up saying that Quickbooks and found problems in our company file and can not back up.  I have tried to rebuild and it says that errors can't be fixed.  This happened in January and I contacted support and they eventually had to send our file to data services for repair and then I had to download it and restore the company file so I could backup, but apparently whatever the cause of this is when I assess finance charges was not fixed because this month it now did it again.  I probably will have to have the company file sent to data services again to be fixed but does anyone know what would be causing this in the first place?  I backup everyday and it works fine any other time until I assess finance charges. I did see after the finance charges were put on that if I clicked on one of them on a clients account, when it opens I get a error message also.  

2 Comments
QuickBooks Team

Re: Assessing Finance Charges

Great to see you here, @WOVC,

I want to make sure you get the answers you need with your company file.

Identifying corruptions or system glitch within the company file requires the expertise of our Technical Support Team. They are the ones who can access your QuickBooks account and can view the QuickBooks log file. This file records the events that occur in a software, program messages between different users and errors that produces an incorrect or unexpected result on the application.

To make sure this issue gets resolved, you can submit your company file to our Data Services Team for program diagnosis. There they can provide you the in-depth details of what's causing the error when assessing Finance Charges in QuickBooks.

Here's how to contact us:

1. On your QuickBooks account, go to the Help menu.
  2. Click QuickBooks Desktop Help from the drop-down.
  3. In the Have a Question pop-up box, click Contact us.

That should connect you to our live support agents, @WOVC.

Please update me on how this goes. I want to ensure everything's working fine on your end. Have a good day!

Frequent Explorer *

Re: Assessing Finance Charges

I think the problem is resolved.  I believe it had to do with incorrect finance charge rate.  Corrected it and now I am not getting error message and can back up.  Thanks to everyone who replied.