cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Experienced Member

Bookmarks keep disappearing

My co-worker and I are using the desktop app for QBO and our Bookmarks keep disappearing. We have to restart our computers to get them back. These are two separate work stations. It is very irritating. Any suggestions as to why this might be happening?

6 Comments
QuickBooks Team

Re: Bookmarks keep disappearing

Hello there, @Heather_S,

Great work on the troubleshooting so far.

Let's make sure the bookmarks bar isn't hidden. This may be the reason why your bookmarks keep disappearing.

Let me show you how:

• On your app, go to the Settings.
  • Select Bookmarks, then Show Bookmarks bar.

That will fix this right up. If you're getting same results, please let me know so we could try other steps to get this working for you.

Experienced Member

Hi @MaryLandT
To clarify, we are not losing the star for bookmarking or the bookmark list on the right side of the screen. We are losing all of the bookmarked items in the list.

Thank you for giving it a try! 

I've read your original post, Heather_S.

Let me address your Bookmark issue in QuickBooks Online (QBO) Windows app.

To single out this issue, you can reset the app. That removes the temporary files and returns the app to its default state.

Here's how:

1. Open your QBO Windows app.
  2. Go to Help.
  3. Choose Reset App Data.

For further guidance, refer to this article that will help: QuickBooks App for Windows and Mac: General support.

That should do it. Leave a comment below on how this goes. I want to ensure this matter gets resolved.

Experienced Member

Thank you for the possible resolution. I will not be back in the office until Monday to try it.

Experienced Member

Good morning, @JaneD,

It sounded like the goal was to Clear Cache & I have that option. So, I did that rather than using Reset the App. The bookmarks came back! Thank you for sending me in the right direction!!

ProAdvisor

@MaryLandT wrote:

Hello there, @Heather_S,

Great work on the troubleshooting so far.

Let's make sure the bookmarks bar isn't hidden. This may be the reason why your bookmarks keep disappearing.

Let me show you how:

• On your app, go to the Settings.
  • Select Bookmarks, then Show Bookmarks bar.

That will fix this right up. If you're getting same results, please let me know so we could try other steps to get this working for you.

@MaryLandT 

"Let me show you how:

On your app, go to the Settings.
Select Bookmarks, then Show Bookmarks bar."

Can you show us how to with screenshots steps?