cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Established Member

Budget to actual; report

I have quickbooks desktop pro plus 2018 using a mac and need help building budget to actual report

1 Comment
QuickBooks Team

Re: Budget to actual; report

Hi there, darcee.

You've come to the right place. I'd be happy to help you build the Budget vs. Actual report.

One of the good things about QuickBooks is the ease of setting up budgets with just a few clicks. The steps below will guide you through the process:

To set up a budget in QuickBooks Desktop

1. From the Company menu, select Planning & Budgeting, then Set Up Budgets.
  2. Specify the Year and choose the Budget Type. Click Next.
    - If you choose Profit and Loss, you'll be asked by QuickBooks to select the Additional Profit and Loss Budget Criteria and how you want to create a budget on the next pages.
  3. Hit the Finish button.
  4. Enter the correct budget for each account.
  5. Click Save, then OK.

After setting up the budget, you just need to enter your transactions and pull up the report to see the comparison. Here's how:

1. Click the Reports menu.
  2. Select Budgets & Forecasts, then Budget vs. Actual.
  3. From the drop-down menu, choose the budget to use for the report, then click Next.
  4. On the Select a report layout for the budget report page, just hit Next.
  5. Click Finish.

Budget vs Actuals report.PNGBudget vs Actuals report 2.PNG

That should do it. With these resources, I'm confident that you'll be able to build the report like a pro in no time! For future reference, I'm also including our detailed guide on how to create, edit, and manage budgets.

I hope this response finds you with a smile today. Let me know if there's anything else you need, I want to make sure you're taken care of. Thanks for reaching out, wishing you and your business the best.