cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Established Member

Can't assign cheque number in pay bills

Using QB 2018 Desktop Pro

The pay bills screen does not have the radio buttons to choose between assigning a cheque number or printing a cheque.  How do I get these?  It does not prompt for the options after choosing pay by cheque, just posts the payment as 'debit'.  

Thanks

3 Comments
QuickBooks Team

Re: Can't assign cheque number in pay bills

I've tried paying the bills on my personal QuickBooks account and these options were there, becumming.

Odd behaviors like this are usually caused by damaged installation components within the data file. We can try to repair the installation of your QuickBooks to fix the issue.

Here's how:

1. Restart your computer.
  2. Back up your QuickBooks company file.
  3. Click Start, and then select Control Panel. For Windows 8/8.1, select Start, open the Search field, type Control panel, and then select Control Panel from the results.
  4. Choose Program and Features or Uninstall a program. If you don't have these options, select Programs, and then Program Features.
  5. Select QuickBooks from the list, and then click Uninstall/Change.
  6. Click Continue, and then Next.
  7. Click Repair, Next, and then wait for the process to complete.
  8. Click Finish and restart your computer.
  9. Download the latest QuickBooks release and payroll tax table when you open QuickBooks.

If you get an error during the repair, you can refer to this article for the troubleshooting steps: Fix QuickBooks Desktop (Windows).

Once you're done with these steps, try paying your bills again and see if the two options are there.

Please let me know if you need anything else. I'll be around if you need anything else.

Established Member

The repair didn't make any difference - also did no harm.  What did work was to create a new pay bills method using cheque as payment type.  The buttons showed up for that payment method.  Go figure.

Regards, B.

QuickBooks Team

Glad to hear from you again, becumming,

Thank you for validating the results. I'm glad to hear that you've been able to figure out another way around in creating a new pay bills method using cheque as the payment type.

If there's anything else you need help with, please feel free to reach back out, You can also, contact our Customer Care support for further assistance.

To contact us, here’s how:

1. Click this link https://help.quickbooks.intuit.com/en_US/contact.
  2. Choose the QuickBooks Product.
  3. Select your QuickBooks Desktop version.
  4. On the Contact Us page, select a topic.
  5. Click on Get Phone Number button to see the support number.

More powers to you and to your business! Have a great day ahead.