cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Can't get quarterly or end of the year form. Said error close down Couldn't do 3rd quarter either had to do them by hand

any suggestions how to get quarterly or end of the year forms. said error and closed down. Also did it at the end of the third quarter and had to do them by hand. Ridiculous when I pay this much for the ease of Quickbooks.

1 Comment
QuickBooks Team

Re: Can't get quarterly or end of the year form. Said error close down Couldn't do 3rd quarter ei...

Hi there, Julied1.

I'm here to help get this sorted out to make sure you're able to pull the quarterly and year end form successfully. 

I've replicated this on my own QuickBooks file and it seems ti have worked since I was able to pull up the forms in QuickBooks Desktop. Let's try this on a different company file to check if it's the file that's causing the issue. Otherwise, we'll need to repair your QuickBooks.

Here's how:

1. Restart your computer to close unnecessary programs interfering with QuickBooks.
  2. Next, back up your QuickBooks company file.
  3. Select Start and then Control Panel.
  4. Click Programs and Features. If necessary, choose Uninstall a program.
  5. Select QuickBooks in the list of programs and click Uninstall/Change.
  6. Click Continue and select Next.
  7. Select Repair then Next. Wait for the Repair to complete.
  8. Choose Finish and restart your computer if prompted.
  9. Don't forget to download the latest QuickBooks release and update the latest payroll tax stable when you open QuickBooks.

During the repair, you may get an error or a message such as Files in use. If you receive these kinds of message follow these steps: 

1. Click Ignore (reboot required), then click OK.
  2. You might have to click Ignore several times. The repair should continue.
  3. If the Ignore button is unavailable, click Close. After the repair, restart the computer.

For additional reference, you can check this article: Repair QuickBooks Desktop.

Here's how you can reach our phone support: 

1. Click this link: https://help.quickbooks.intuit.com/en_US/contact.
  2. Select US version of QuickBooks Desktop, and click Contact Us.
  3. Type-in Technical Support on the search bar.
  4. Click the Get the phone number below. 

Please let me know how it gees. If you have any other questions, don't hesitate to click the Reply button below. Have a good one.