cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gena-wade
Level 1

Cannot add a new customer. Neither the drop-down from Invoicing nor the Customers selection will activate. Can't add from new invoice either. What can I do?

3 Comments 3
David-212915
QuickBooks Team

Cannot add a new customer. Neither the drop-down from Invoicing nor the Customers selection will activate. Can't add from new invoice either. What can I do?

Hi @gena-wade

Welcome to the Community. I'd be glad to assist you with adding a new customer. 

When QuickBooks Online exhibits unexpected behavior, it's good to begin with some general browser troubleshooting. This can help determine if the cause of this is related to the browser that's being used. 

The first step that's generally recommended is to clear the cache that's stored in the browser. Cache and temporary internet files are stored in order to increase loading performance, but too much can accumulate and interfere with processes. For additional information on this, as well as steps for supported browsers, please visit the following link: Delete or Disable Cache and Temporary Internet Files in Your Web Browser.

Should you not be able to add a new customer after clearing cache, I suggest trying an alternative browser. This can further help to isolate the cause of being unable to add the customer. 

I'm confident that this information will help you get back to business.

Don't hesitate to let me know if I can be of further assistance. Take care. 

Lauren1
Level 1

Dear David,
I am having this same issue. I cannot add a new customer to make an estimate. I am using QB Online and using the app on Mac. I have cleared the browser cache, cleared the app cache, signed out and signed in many times. I cannot add this customer. I haven't tried adding other customers. I have not overextended any limit of customers.

QB is so buggy, and the price keeps rising. So many things don't work. I am very disappointed.

AlexV
QuickBooks Team

I'm here to help, Lauren1.

Have you tried using an incognito window? If not yet, I'd suggest using one and add your new customer from there. We can also try a different browser to see if what your experiencing is just a browser error. If you only have Safari, let's make sure that you're using Safari 11 or newer.

In regards with the QuickBooks Online App for Mac, we can uninstall and reinstall it. This helps to resolve any error on the app. We also have to make sure we've meet the system requirements to avoid any problems. You can follow these steps to uninstall it:

1. Drag the QuickBooks app from the Applications folder to the Trash.
  2. Go to Finder then choose Empty Trash.

Any of these workarounds will help you to add your new customer. Here are some of the articles you might want to check about estimates:

Let me know if there's anything else you need help with. I'll be glad to work with you again.

Need to get in touch?

Contact us