cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
N350AZ
Level 1

Company file is missing or cannot be found on my MAC

Hello,

I somehow lost or cannot find a current company file to open to be able to continue work. I have 2 separate companies running on my QB Pro 2016 for MAC. I can open one company, but not the other. I can find the back ups for the company, I cannot open, in applications. It says I cannot open the last file saved and to restore it. Then I tried to restore the file and it was not the last file that I had backed up. I have a list of backed up files for the company I am trying to reopen. I tried an earlier file and it gave me the same info. of cannot open and must restore.

How do I find the most current back up file to reopen to continue work in that company?

2 Comments 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello N350AZ,

We can find the most recent back up company file if you have the Intuit Data Protect. Please review the steps found in this article: Set up and Restore Intuit Data Protect (IDP) Backup Files.

If you're not using the IDP, you can try to check the most recent modified backup file stored. To locate it, please click on QuickBooks, select Preferences, and click on Backup.

You can also try Mac OS X Console to see the activities on your computer. This will help you identify where and when you save the recent QuickBooks company file. Please try searching on the web on how to use Mac OS X Console. 

Let us know if you have any questions. Thanks! 

SkinnyRaven
Level 8

Each backup file has a date and time stamp in the file name.

Need to get in touch?

Contact us