cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Experienced Member

Create and save an invoice on QB Self Employed without having to SEND

My client does not want the email sent by QB when I hit SEND. Too many steps required for them to get to PDF. They want me to email a ready to print PDF invoice. But I can't create and save an invoice without clicking on SEND at the end.... which then sends the unwanted email from QB to my client.

3 Comments
QuickBooks Team

Re: Create and save an invoice on QB Self Employed without having to SEND

I've got some steps to resolve this concern, Louisinteriors.

Creating an Invoice in QBSE requires an Email Address. In your case, I'd suggest using your email in creating an Invoice. This way, you can download the ready-to-print Invoice and sent it to your client.

Please see the screenshots below:

Picture4.png

The Community team is always here if you have other questions. Keep posting!

Experienced Member

Thanks. Yes I thought of that too but unfortunately my email address is then printed below the name and address of my client on the "BILL TO" side of the invoice as if that is their email address. This then looks like I made an error with their details on the invoice.

I like the way the RECEIPT processing works where QB asks whether to "email" a receipt or "Skip". It'll be nice if invoicing had the same option. 

QuickBooks Team

I'll personally send this product suggestion to our development team, Louisinteriors. 

You can also fill in your client's information so it'll show up on the BILL TO field. Instead of clicking Send invoice, choose Save as draft. On the list of Invoices page, click the drop-down arrow beside Send invoice, then select Export as PDF. After that, Send the saved PDF file to your customer. 

QBSE1.PNGQBSE2.PNG

Reach out to me if you need further help. Have a good one!