cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
S_P
Established Member

Credit Card Transaction

I need to manually input a credit card transaction into Quickbooks online.   I used my personal credit card for a business expense and that expense is billable to a client.  I already have a business credit card linked to QB online and I don't want to link my personal credit card.   I understand that I can add the credit card in chart of accounts and manually put it there.  But the charge doesn't show up as a billable expense to the client. Help!

1 Comment

Re: Credit Card Transaction

Hello there, @S_P.

Thank you for posting in the Community. I'm here to help share some ways to make sure the expense billable to the client.

To start, let's make sure the billable expense is activated in your account. Let me show you how:

1. At the top right, select the Gear icon.
  2. Select Account and Settings.
  3. On the left pane, select Expenses.
  4. In the Bills and expenses section, select the Pencil icon to open the fields for editing.
  5. Ensure that the following items are checked: Show Items table on expense and purchase forms, Track expenses and items by customer, and Make expenses and items billable.
  6. Select Save.
  7. Click Done.

After that, you can go the credit card register to make the transactions billable.

1. On the left pane, select Accounting
  2. Select Chart of Accounts.
  3. Find the account then click the View register link in the ACTION column.
  4. Make sure to select the Payee name.
  5. Put a check mark in the BILLABLE column. 
  6. Click Save and close

I've attached an article and screenshot for additional reference: How to enter billable expenses.

Capture1.PNG

These resources should help to get you on the right track for making your transactions billable. Drop me a comment below if you have any other questions about the billable expense. I'll be happy to help you out. Have a great day ahead.