cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
reaengineering
Level 1

Customer Contact Field Data not updating on Invoices

Quickbooks Desktop for Mac

I needed to change the customer contact information (Contact, Phone, Email fields). Though, now my invoices continue to show the old contact data. Even when creating new invoices. How do I get the customer data that has changed to update through the application without deleting the customer and recreating.

Thank you for your help.

8 Comments 8
AlexV
QuickBooks Team

Hello there, reaengineering.

Since you already updated the contact information, we can run the Verify/Rebuild Data to help resolve this.

1. Go to the File menu.
  2. Select Utilities and Verify data.
  3. If you can see QuickBooks detected no problem with your data, click OK.
    Try to double check and create another invoice.
  4. If Verify finds an issue, we need to Rebuild Data.
    Follow the prompt to save a backup file.
  5. Hit OK when you see Rebuild has completed.
  6. Run Verify Data again to check for remaining data damage.

You can check out this helpful article for your reference: Resolve data damage.

Keep me updated how it goes. You can always drop by if you have other questions.

reaengineering
Level 1

I already ran the Verify Data and it detected no problems. I ran the Rebuild Data anyway and the information still does not change on the new invoices. I tried Verifying and Rebuilding again and creating a new invoice again and it still retains the old information.

reaengineering
Level 1

Okay, I was able to get the fields to update. I needed to change the customer to a different customer and then back to the correct customer. That caused the fields to update.

Thanks for the help

CloudCheckr
Level 2

Where is the file  and utilities located 

thanks 

Christine 

SkinnyRaven
Level 8

In the tool bar menu across the top of the QB Mac screen.

Charies_M

Hi there, CloudCheckr.

Thanks for joining this thread. I can help you locate the File and Utilities on your QuickBooks Desktop Mac.

The steps provided above by my colleague will route you to the File and Utilities tab. I've added a screenshot below so you can have a better view.

Don't hesitate to come and visit us again whenever you need help with QuickBooks. It's always my pleasure to help.

CloudCheckr
Level 2

Sorry my bad, we do not use MAC. We use a custom field for our invoices and its puttting the information from last month on the invoice 

thanks anyway

Charies_M

Hello there, CloudCheckr.

Thanks for clarifying. 

There is a possibility that you created a memorized transaction for your invoice. The reason why it's putting the information from last month. If you wish to turn this feature off, you can delete the memorized transaction by following the steps below:

Here's how:

1. Go to List.
  2. Select Memorized Transaction List.
  3. Choose the transaction you want to delete.
  4. Select the Memorized Transaction drop-down, then choose Delete Memorized Transaction.
  5. Click OK.

I'll leave you with an article to know more about modifying memorized transactions in QuickBooks Desktop: Create, edit, or delete memorized transactions.

You should be on the right track. Please let me know if you have any other concerns. I'll be around to help.

Need to get in touch?

Contact us