cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gchavez916
Level 2

Date filter does not display full description

When using the Date filter (on views, reports, etc.) The date filter dropdown does not display the full description - I can't tell what I'm selecting.IMG_20190112_124242312.jpg

10 Comments 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello gchavez916,

Let's try to full screen the Employee Center window as shown in the screenshot below. 

If it won't still show the full date description, let's go ahead and repair your QuickBooks. 

Please let us know if you have any questions. Thanks! 

gchavez916
Level 2

Using Full Screen did not work. Next I tried to repair, but I keep getting an error and it will not complete the repiar (it rolls back).  I also went to the Download page and got the latest update - It completed and said I was up to date. Tried running repair again and same thing it will not complete. 

quickbooks.png

gchavez916
Level 2

Here is the other error I get during the repair. I updated to 2019 about a month ago. The Intuit Technician did the install over a remote connection.  What's next uninstall a nd reinstall??

Also note: the date drop down description cuts off on ALL pages where there is a date filter, not just Employee Center.

quickbooks1.png.jpg

SophiaAnnL

I'll help you fix these errors, gchavez916.

The first error you encountered (error 1328), is usually caused by damaged installation files. To fix this, you'll have to reinstall QuickBooks using clean install. If the same thing happens after the clean install, please proceed with using the QuickBooks Install Tool. This will determine and will automatically resolve the installation errors in the software.

On the other hand, the error 1712 you got during the repair is caused by one or more missing Windows components.

To resolve the issue, you'd have to:

1. Reboot your computer.
  2. Close all versions of QuickBooks that may be running in the background using Task Manager.
  3. Retry installing QuickBooks.

An additional solution to fix this is to create a Windows user with Administrator rights, and then attempt QuickBooks installation. Other users have also shared that troubleshooting the Windows Update and Windows installer have resolved the error.  You can also reach out to an IT guy to help you do this.

I'll be right here if you need more help with this.

gchavez916
Level 2

Hi,

I ran the Reinstall Quickbooks.

Then I ran Quickbooks diagnostic tool.

I ran Windows update (I have to set to update automatically) but I ran it manually.

I ran the Windows Installer.

Somewhere there was some instruction about .NET framework missing (I don’t see it in my Control Panel Program list), but when I tried to download and install, I got the message saying it is already part of the operating system.

Nothing changed.

So I ran everything again.

Still no change.

I have screen captures of everything - I'll attach them if you need it. 

KhimG
QuickBooks Team

Hi, @gchavez916.

Thank you for performing the recommended solution from my colleague to help resolve the issue. I have additional steps you can try so the Date filter on your QuickBooks will display the full description.

QuickBooks is designed to work with certain Windows DPI settings. Setting it higher than normal may cause unexpected results such as missing buttons and information on transactions not fitting the screen.

To resolve the issue, let's first change the DPI by following the steps below:

1.    Right-click the QuickBooks Desktop icon and choose Properties.
2.    Select Disable display scaling on high DPI setting under the Compatibility tab.
3.    Choose Apply, then click OK.
4.    Open QuickBooks to see if the home page is visible.

Once done, edit the Desktop View Preference. Here’s how:
1.    Go to Edit menu and select Preferences.
2.    Choose Desktop View, then click My Preferences.
3.    Switch from View from Multiple Windows to One Window.

4.    Hit OK.

After performing the steps, go back to the Employee Center. You should now be able to see the full description of the Date filter.

If you get the same result, follow the solutions 3 and 4 in this article: QuickBooks Desktop display issues.

That should get you pointed in the right direction. Stay in touch with me on how the steps work for you. I’m just here if you need further help. Take care and have a great day!

gchavez916
Level 2

It works now. there is a small variance from your directions (I'm using Windows 10).

I had to play around with the DPI settings, The second Image shows what worked.

Also - I was able to keep the "Multiple Windows" setting in QB, it still works fine.

All filters and Date filters now show the full description - the display is larger now for all of the windows,fonts, etc. But it works well.

Thank you

DPI-Quickbooks.jpgDPI-Quickbooks-4.jpg

KhimG
QuickBooks Team

You’re welcome, @gchavez916.

I’m glad you were able to fix the display issue on your QuickBooks. 

If you need anything else, leave a comment below. I’m more than happy to help. Take care and have a good one!

qbteachmt
Level 15

Just a note for the future: The image that shows a Restore could not be completed, is the Wrong function to have used. That is a Computer System Restore. The Function for Repair is in settings = Program Repair, as in Uninstall/Repair and then you select Repair, and the system tries to Refresh the installed program as a sort of "self-heal."

A Computer System Restore = roll my entire Computer back to what it was like, such as Two Weeks ago.

gchavez916
Level 2

OH NO- no wonder my whole system is gone!!

Just kidding. No- I did not run a system restore 😊

• I ran the repair Quickbooks in Control Panel
  • The reinstall Quickbooks
  • The QBInstall tool (diagnostic) (which performs some windows utilities as well) – I think that’s where the message came from-not sure why), but I was able to run it successfully after that.
  • Windows Update
  • Windows Installer - Fix problems that block programs from being installed or removed

Need to get in touch?

Contact us