cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Community Explorer **

Delete multiple unbilled time charges (unbilled timesheet entries)

We are trying to delete years of unbilled time sheet entries.  We recently converted from QuickBooks Desktop to QuickBooks Online.  I am trying to close a bunch of old jobs and clients but I can't because a lot of these jobs have unbilled time.  I know I can use a feature to delete multiple unbilled charges at one time, but I am hoping that I would be able to delete multiple unbilled time charges (time sheet entries) at one time.

Please let me know if this is something that can be done.  Thanks!

9 Comments
QuickBooks Team

Re: Delete multiple unbilled time charges (unbilled timesheet entries)

Hi there, Robin the Bookkeeper.

Thanks for taking the time to reached out to us. Allow me to address your concern, so let me get this straightened out.

Currently, QuickBooks Online (QBO) doesn't have an option to delete multiple unbilled time charges at one time. I can see how this feature would be helpful for you in order to delete the unbilled time charges conveniently. You may want to submit this idea to our product developers so they'll be able to include this in their next product update.

Here's how you can send feedback: 

1. Click the Gear Icon.
  2. Select Feedback
  3. Click Next and choose Feedback under Category option.
  4. Select Save

If you have any other concerns, just leave a comment below. I'm always here to help. Have a good one. 

Community Explorer **

Thanks JanyRoseB.  I have submitted the feedback as you suggested.  Much appreciated!

QuickBooks Team

Thank you for getting back to us here in the Community, @Robin the Bookkeeper.

We value your feedback and your suggestions would definitely be a big help in letting the developers identify which product features are most helpful to our customers.

As always, feel free to add comment/post here in the Community if you have any other QuickBooks concerns. I'm always here to help!

Frequent Explorer *

Yes!

This is such a headache- especially since 15 years of past employees have now been reactivated with "unbilled time"

QuickBooks Team

Hi there, @forge.

I appreciate you joining this conversation and providing some feedback about deleting multiple unbilled time charges in QuickBooks Online.

As mentioned by my peers, the option to delete multiple unbilled time charges is unavailable. You will have to go through each transaction and click the Delete button.

Rest assured we'll take note of this for you and submit it to the engineers for consideration.

Keep me posted if you have other questions about QuickBooks. I'm always here to lend you my helping hands. 

Established Member

I have the same problem - spend hours multiple times with their support all the way up to a manager.

Bottom like, as some in their support have said to me - they didn't think this through, and they do not have an option for us other than pay more or go back to desk top...

To me - it's a money grab and they know, maybe not when they made this change, but they do now.

QuickBooks Team

Hello there, @rhartian.

Deleting multiple unbilled charges in your transactions reports is my priority. Allow me to share some information on how you can removed these transactions in QuickBooks Online.

Unbilled charges are non-posting entries that appears in transaction reports however, does not have impact on the reporting. Currently, there's no option to delete all unbilled at ones. However, you can removed these transactions one by one.

Here's how to remove your Uninvoiced Charges and Uninvoiced Time:

1. Go to Reports menu.
  2. Under the Who owes you section, choose Uninvoiced Charges or Uninvoiced Time.
  3. Click on the Activity Date link
  4. Hit Bill link. 
  5. When prompted if you want to leave without saving, click Yes.
  6. In the Bill page, uncheck the Billable Collumn.
  7. Click Save and Close

For additional insights, you may check out this article:

Keep in touch with us here in the Community if you have other questions about managing your unbilled timesheets. I'm always here to help.

Established Member

Thanks for responding - but that is not helpful for those of us that have been (are are not contemplating leaving QuickBooks) using QuickBooks for more than a few years - I have 1000's of these. 

You at Quickbooks should know how unhelpful it is to keep sharing that trick...no-one wants to spends that much time following your suggestion...Quickbooks should know better

Super Explorer **

Hello,

As a workaround, you can delete TimeActivities with Business Importer. It has free trial and will help to solve your issue fast and smoothly.