cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Community Contributor *

Don't know where a credit came from

We are an animal rescue using QB Nonprofit.  Our vet bills weekly for all invoices that we accumulate during the week.

Back in November, we had 6 invoices totalling $511.86.  Whenever I enter my vet's bill, I use "Enter Bill" and detail each invoice.  After all the invoices are entered, I then go to "Pay Bills", check off each invoice included in that billing and select CC as the method of payment.  Occasionally, I will have credits that I enter into the CC account for co-pays on our spay and neuter program that we offer the public.  The credits are used against the billing, based on when the vet shows a credit is issued.  I select the credit under the "Set Credits" button, and everything stays in balance.  For some reason, I have been showing a credit of $511.86, yet when I search for the entry, the entry shows as "Bill Payment (Credit Card)"

I do not have a $511.86 credit entry under my Bill Payment tab or my CC tab.

I don't know where else to look, to find where this problem cropped up.

The main thing is, I don't know how to fix it, short of deleting each of the invoices and bill payment, and start it over.  I just don't know if it would actually clear it up, or still leave the credit behind.

Thanks

1 Comment
Established Community Backer ***

Re: Don't know where a credit came from

Occasionally, I will have credits that I enter into the CC account for co-pays on our spay and neuter program that we offer the public.

This confuses me. A credit on a credit card should mean the vet refunded your card - is that what happened?

If the public paid a part of the vets bill, then that is not a transaction you enter. You enter the vet bill for the amount due.

Run a purchases report, detail for the vet. If it is there double click on it to see what happened

report on the CC register, all CC you use. There is a chance it was entered twice maybe in a different CC, and the second entry used the vendors name thereby setting a credit.