cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Explorer **

Duplicate Memorized Transactions on MAC

I use memorized transactions a lot in my rental business...

Worked seamlessly in the PC version, however now QB Mac lets me create numerous memorized transactions for the same invoice.

In the PC version, QB would notify me "Would you like to replace the existing memorized transaction", but on Mac it will only do it sometimes.

I have already play with different characters and naming types on jobs, but it still lets me create the same memorized transaction over and over

4 Comments
QuickBooks Team

Re: Duplicate Memorized Transactions on MAC

Thanks for utilizing the Memorized Transaction feature and reporting your encountered experience, @salesAPS.

Ideally, both the PC version or Mac should show the prompt whenever you create the same invoice. Let's work hand in hand solving your duplicate memorized transaction issue.

We can run the Verify/Rebuild tool in your company file. This checks if there are data issues that may have caused the unusual behaviors and resolve them.

Let's rebuild your data first: 

1. At the top menu, choose File.
  2. Select Utilities.
  3. Click Rebuild Data.
  4. On the QuickBooks Information window, select OK. Please follow the prompts to save a backup to avoid data loss.
  5. Select OK when you see Rebuild has completed.
    Mac Rebuild.PNG

Next, run the Verify Data utility:

1. At the top menu, choose File.
  2. Select Utilities.
  3. Click Verify Data.
    Mac Verify.PNG
  4. If you see QuickBooks detected no problem with your data, select OK. You may continue using your company file.
  5. If Verify finds an issue with your data, you will be prompted to Rebuild Now or View Errors. Select Close.

Lastly, go to your Product Information window, (press F2 or CTRL+1 on your keyboard) and click Review Last Verify/Rebuild. Find the error in the results screen and resolve the issue.

Go back to your Memorized Transaction window once more and try creating a sample duplicate transaction. If the issue persists, you have to proceed with the other steps on the Resolve data damage on your company file article. Go directly to the Review QBWin.log section.

I'm also adding the QuickBooks Desktop for Mac User’s Guide for future reference.

Keep me posted on the results by leaving a comment in this thread. I'll be keeping an eye out for your response and look forward to getting to the bottom of this. Take care and have a good one.

Established Community Backer ***

You might also try resetting your one time messages in preferences.

Community Explorer **

This is not a rebuild issue or a one time message issue.

I have found the following things out for memorized transactions for Quickbooks on Mac

1. If you try to memorize a transaction that has previously been saved, Quickbooks will automatically make a duplicate memorized transaction, with no option to replace the old one.
    1. Example, you go to a customer's old invoice, edit it for what ever reason and click "memorize", it will duplicate it (in quickbooks for PC it used to ask you if you wanted to replace the old one)
  2. To avoid duplicate memorized transactions you can only "re-memorize" unsaved transactions in order for Quickbooks for Mac to pop up the "replace" option
    1. So if you are wanting to edit a memorized transaction, do not do it from a customer's old invoice, do it directly from the memorized transaction list BEFORE you save it. 
Highlighted
Established Community Backer ***

@salesAPS wrote:
  1. So if you are wanting to edit a memorized transaction, do not do it from a customer's old invoice, do it directly from the memorized transaction list BEFORE you save it. 

Exactly