cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Established Member

Duplicating Invoices when County Tax Rate changed

We duplicate invoices on repeat orders.  The County Tax Rate changed and, although we updated that rate in our system, the duplicate invoice defaults back to the old tax rate.   How can we remove that feature so that the revised tax rate applies to that invoice?

3 Comments
QuickBooks Team

Re: Duplicating Invoices when County Tax Rate changed

Hello Partners,

When using the Create a Copy function, it duplicates every information on your invoice regardless of the changes in your system. We can toggle the sales tax item in the TAX field to apply the changes on the copied invoice.

1. Open the copied invoice.
  2. Remove or toggle the sales tax item in the TAX field.
  3. Click Save & Close.
  4. Choose Yes to confirm the action.

You can also refer to the screenshot below.

Let me know if you need anything else. Have a great week!

Capture.JPG

Experienced Member

This answer seems to suggest taking the extra step to edit the new (copied) invoice. We understand that.

The question is ....Is there a setting within Quickbooks to force it to grab the current sales tax rate during the copy action?

Right now, I'm forced to re-type the city in to make sure I get the latest rate and occasionally miss it so end up owing the sales tax myself.

I gotta think this is a no-brainer.

At least give a warning. 'Tax rate is different from invoice, apply new tax rate (yes / no)'? or something like that.

QuickBooks Team

Thanks for sharing your concern here in the Community, @Chris Shockley.

Allow me to share some information about the ability of the create a copy option on for your sales forms.

At this time, the option to have QuickBooks apply the current changes on your sales tax upon copying your sales forms is not applicable to us. However, our developers constantly working to improve the product and appreciates the help of users in bringing things like this to their attention.

I'll take note of your request and update this thread whenever we have this available to our users.

Lastly, I'd encourage you to visit the What's New section on your QuickBooks Desktop to be updated with our latest news and updates including product improvements.

To do that:

1. Click on Help at the top menu bar.
  2. Select on New Features.
  3. Choose What's New.

whats new.PNG

Please know that I'm just a post away if you have any other questions concerning QuickBooks. Have a good one.