Did you mean: 
Highlighted

ERROR 202

I always get error 202 when I back up. Please help me fix this problem. THANKS

3 Comments
QuickBooks Team

Re: ERROR 202

Thanks for posting in the Community, CINDYMAS,

Let me get the help you need to get past Error 202.

To start, you can run the Verify/Rebuild tool. This will help resolve data damages within the company file.

Here's what you'll need to do:

To Verify Data:

1. Go to the File menu at the top.
  2. Click Utilities then Verify Data.
  3. Click OK on the prompt.

To Rebuild Data:

1. Go to the File menu at the top.
  2. Click Utilities and choose Rebuild Data.
  3. Click OK to back up your company file.
  4. Wait until the Rebuild is complete.
  5. Click View Results.

Once done, kindly do back up again. However, if the issue persists, I'd recommend contacting our Customer Care support. They have the necessary tools to pull up your account in a secure environment and determine what caused the issue.

To contact us, here's how:

1. Open QuickBooks Desktop.
  2. Click Help at the top and choose QuickBooks Desktop Help or press F1 on your keyboard.
  3. On the Have a Question? screen, scroll down and select the QuickBooks support.
  4. Select a topic.
  5. Click the Start a Message button.

I'd appreciate if you can update me on how it goes, I'll be here if there's anything else you need about QuickBooks Desktop.

This error persists across all Quickbooks files; sometimes it goes away with a rebuild and sometimes not.  We have one user id for our bank across multiple companies.  We have two dozen company files that access data at the bank (Chase) via the same user id.  It is not practical to have two dozen different user id's with our bank.   It is also not practical to call customer service every time this problem occurs.  Please post a solution of how to solve it outside of calling customer service which can easily take an hour.

QuickBooks Team

Thanks for joining this thread, @bucktown

I'm here to help get rid the error when accessing your bank's data in the program.

The software only allows one bank login per company file. Using different User IDs may be an inconvenient method, especially if you have multiple company files. However, this is currently the recommended way for online banking setup. For more information about the bank-provided credentials, please see this article: Get started with Bank Feeds for QuickBooks Desktop

Here are the other possible reasons you're getting an error code OL-202 across all your QuickBooks files: 

• A problem at your bank.
  • Internet connection issue. 
  • A problem with one or more accounts in your company file.
  • Download or import format issues. 
  • A discontinued version of Windows or QuickBooks Desktop.

To start with, I suggest logging into your bank's website outside the program and check your Message Center or Notifications inbox. Then, review the details that need your attention. 

Please first make sure to create a backup of your company file before performing the troubleshooting steps through this helpful article: Fix OL and OLSU Bank Feeds Errors in QuickBooks Desktop

Once your account is set up for Bank Feeds in your 24 company files, you can now download your bank transactions

The resources above will help you get back on track, @bucktown

I'll be right here to help if you need anything else. Wishing you and your business all the best.