cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Community Explorer **
Solved

Error Code 350

QuickBooks Verify/Rebuild Results returned an Error 350.  It advises that all entries should be rectified before proceeding for Rebuild.  What does the term rectified mean here?  How do I rectify the entry?

Best answer 05-29-2019

Accepted Solutions
Super Explorer *

Re: Error Code 350

To Verify and Rebuild Data:

1. Choose Window > Close All.
  1. Verify Data. Choose File > Utilities > Verify Data.

If you see:

• "QuickBooks detected no problems with your data," no further action is needed.
      • A specific error message, there may already be an article for it. Try searching for it in our QuickBooks Desktop support site for specific instructions.
      • "Your data has lost integrity," indicates there is data damage in the file.  Continue to the steps below to Rebuild Data to correct the problem.

Note: Assisted Payroll customers should consult an Assisted Payroll agent before running Rebuild Data.

1. Rebuild Data.  Choose File > Utilities > Rebuild Data.
  1. You will receive a warning message to back up your company file, press OK.

A rebuild requires a company file backup beforehand because in rare cases the process may need to delete transactions or list entries to fix the file.  A backup of your company file will ensure you have a secured copy of your company file before any changes are made to it.

1. Select where you want to save your backup, then select OK at the bottom of the QuickBooks Hosting Desktop Backup window.
        • If a message asks if you want to replace another backup file, click NO. Enter a new name in the File name field and click Save.
        • If the backup fails, select Cancel at the Rebuild prompt and contact Payroll Support for additional assistance.
      • The Rebuild Data utility starts as soon as the backup is finished.
    1. Click OK when you get the message "Rebuild has completed".

Run Verify Data again to check for remaining data damage. Choose File > Utilities > Verify Data.

If the Verify detects additional damage it means the damage will need to be manually corrected. Locate the error within the qbwin.log and search for a resolution at the QuickBooks Desktop Support site.

If your error cannot be found, you can try restoring a recent backup. Choose File > Restore.
*Make sure that you do not overwrite your existing company file. Any information entered in the company file since the backup was created must be manually reentered after you restore.

Regards,

Adrian

QuickBooks Consultant | Apps4Rent

7 Comments
QuickBooks Team

I'll explain what it means and help you fix the error code, Tommy62.

Rectified means you'll have to correct some entries in the program. To correct them, we'll have to find them first.

QuickBooks uses the log file called qbwin.log to store messages about errors, and other information created by the Verify/Rebuild Data utility. This is the file we need to look at when there is data corruption. From there, we'll get an idea of what the issue is and how to fix the error.

Here's how to access the file:

1. While in the QuickBooks home page, press F2 on your keyboard to open the Product Information window. 
  2. Press F3 to open the Tech Help window.
  3. Go to the Open File tab.
  4. Look for QBWIN.LOG, then click Open File.

Refer to my screenshot below.

Once you open the file, check the error message, and the transactions you'll have to rectify.

Get back to us if you need more help. We're right here to help you out. 

Community Explorer **

Hi Kristine,

Thank you for the response.  QBWIN.LOG is huge with hundreds on entries and all dated today.  The transaction Verify is pointing me towards is a credit created 2/14/18 with GJE and applied to an invoice that day.  Do I go and delete the GJE and reenter it?

QuickBooks Team

Thanks for getting back to the QuickBooks Community, @Tommy62.

Allow me to step in and help resolve the error code 350 you're getting in QuickBook Desktop. 

I appreciate you for the additional information you've provided. Since the General Journal Entry (GJE) transaction is causing the error, you'll need to delete and re-enter it again.

Before doing so, let's create a backup for your QuickBooks Desktop company file to protect against accidental data loss. Once done, here's how you can delete the GJE transaction: 

1. At the top menu bar, select Company.
  2. Go to Make General Journal Entries.
  3. Click on the Left Arrow (Previous) to locate the GJE that should be deleted.
  4. If you know the GJE number, you may click on Find and in the Entry No. field, enter the GJE number. 
  5. Select Delete.
  6. Click Save & Close

To re-enter the transactions, you can follow the detailed steps in this article: Record a journal entry

If you need further assistance with the steps, I recommend to contact our QuickBooks Desktop Support Team. They have additional tools to pull up your account and do a remote session.

Here's how to contact our customer support:

1. Select QuickBooks Desktop Help from the Help menu.
  2. You can also press F1 on your keyboard to bring up the same Help Panel. 
  3. In order to route you to the correct support expert, we need to know what type of question you have.
  4. Click Continue.
  5. We’ll provide you a few options. You choose which one is best for you.

This should get you on the right track. Fill me in how it goes. I'll be around to help if you have additional concerns about the error code 350. Have a good one. 

Community Explorer **

That did not work.  Meaning it must be the payment that was applied that day.  I did not want to break the deposit and through the reconciliations out of balance for the the last 15 months so I created a copy of the invoice saved in 6/2019 and deleted the original invoice.  Then edited the copy to have the original invoice number and date and applied the credits, both the GJE and the payment.  Error 350 as gone on the next iteration of Verify.  

Community Explorer **

Deleting the GJE and reentering did not work.  Meaning it must be the payment that was applied that day.  I did not want to break the deposit and throw the reconciliations out of balance for the the last 15 months so I created a copy of the invoice saved in 6/2019 and deleted the original invoice.  Then edited the copy to have the original invoice number and date and applied the credits, both the GJE and the payment.  Error 350 as gone on the next iteration of Verify.  

Hi there again, Tommy62,

Thanks for getting back to the Community and giving us an update about this issue.

Great to hear that you’re now able to get past Error 350. I appreciate you for sharing the steps you’ve done so far. Those are actually one way to get the issue resolved.

For future help, you can always visit our Community Help Articles for guidelines: https://quickbooks.intuit.com/community/Help-articles/ct-p/help-articles-us?label=QuickBooks%20Deskt....

Please drop by again if you have any other question. I am always here for you. Have a great day!

Super Explorer *

To Verify and Rebuild Data:

1. Choose Window > Close All.
  1. Verify Data. Choose File > Utilities > Verify Data.

If you see:

• "QuickBooks detected no problems with your data," no further action is needed.
      • A specific error message, there may already be an article for it. Try searching for it in our QuickBooks Desktop support site for specific instructions.
      • "Your data has lost integrity," indicates there is data damage in the file.  Continue to the steps below to Rebuild Data to correct the problem.

Note: Assisted Payroll customers should consult an Assisted Payroll agent before running Rebuild Data.

1. Rebuild Data.  Choose File > Utilities > Rebuild Data.
  1. You will receive a warning message to back up your company file, press OK.

A rebuild requires a company file backup beforehand because in rare cases the process may need to delete transactions or list entries to fix the file.  A backup of your company file will ensure you have a secured copy of your company file before any changes are made to it.

1. Select where you want to save your backup, then select OK at the bottom of the QuickBooks Hosting Desktop Backup window.
        • If a message asks if you want to replace another backup file, click NO. Enter a new name in the File name field and click Save.
        • If the backup fails, select Cancel at the Rebuild prompt and contact Payroll Support for additional assistance.
      • The Rebuild Data utility starts as soon as the backup is finished.
    1. Click OK when you get the message "Rebuild has completed".

Run Verify Data again to check for remaining data damage. Choose File > Utilities > Verify Data.

If the Verify detects additional damage it means the damage will need to be manually corrected. Locate the error within the qbwin.log and search for a resolution at the QuickBooks Desktop Support site.

If your error cannot be found, you can try restoring a recent backup. Choose File > Restore.
*Make sure that you do not overwrite your existing company file. Any information entered in the company file since the backup was created must be manually reentered after you restore.

Regards,

Adrian

QuickBooks Consultant | Apps4Rent