cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Established Member

Federal, Social Security and Medicare deductions are not deducting

I am processing monthly commission checks and the Federal, Social Security and Medicare deductions are not deducting. This has never happened to me before. The word (adjusted) is next to the Employee Summary and the Company Summary on the Paycheck Preview.  Has anyone experienced this?  If so, can you please let me know how to correct it?  

1 Comment
QuickBooks Team

Re: Federal, Social Security and Medicare deductions are not deducting

Hello there, @JennCaruso.

You have to update your tax table version to the latest release so QuickBooks will calculate your taxes correctly. I'm here to help guide you how.

First, when the Employee Summary and Company Summary sections have an adjusted mark next to it, it means that an amount is manually entered on that section. Please ensure that these amounts is correct.g3 manually adjusted.PNG

To make sure that taxes calculate correctly, you have to update your tax table version.

1. Go to Employees at the top menu bar.
  2. Select Get Payroll Updates.
  3. Click on Download entire payroll update.
  4. Select Update.g3 download update.PNG

In case you have any other QuickBooks questions, you may check our help articles: QuickBooks Help Articles.

Feel free to add post/comment below if you have any other payroll or QuickBooks questions, I'll be always here to help you. Have a great day ahead!