cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
clubsteelvb
Level 1

Font size on display screen is microscopic. What happened?

19 Comments 19
KhimG
QuickBooks Team

Hello there, @clubsteelvb.

Thanks for dropping by the Community. I'm here to help you fix the display issue on your QuickBooks Online.

It's possible that the zoom function is activated causing the font size to be so small. Let's perform the steps below to resolve the problem.

For Internet Explorer and Mozilla Firefox:
1.    Hold down the Ctrl and the plus (+) key to zoom in and make the page larger.
2.    If you have a wheel on your mouse, hold the Ctrl key down and move the mouse wheel forward or back. 

For Google Chrome:
1.    Go to the menu icon (looks like a three-dotted line) on the upper right of the screen.
2.    Locate the Zoom option.
3.    Choose the plus (+) icon to zoom in and make the page larger. It should be set to 100% or lower to display the full page.

If this doesn't solve the problem, please check your computer and make sure it fits with the QuickBooks Online requirement display setting. It should be set up like this:
•    Screen resolution set to 1024x768 or higher
•    Dots-per-inch (DPI) set to "Normal" or "100%". We recommend that you maximize the browser window when working with QuickBooks, particularly if your resolution is 1024x768.

For more details about this process, please refer to this article: Unable to see the entire page in QuickBooks Online.

Once done, you should be able to get the right display setting.

That should do it. Please let me know if you have questions, I’ll be here to answer them for you. Thanks for reaching out and take care!

CO80021
Level 2

Font size in Quickbooks Premier Pro 2017 is incredibly small.   

AldrinS
QuickBooks Team

You've come to the right place, CO80021.

I've got just the clarification you're looking for regarding the font size.

A quick and easy way to fix this is to change your QuickBooks DPI settings. Just a heads up, make sure QuickBooks is closed before following these steps:

1. Right-click the QuickBooks icon, then select Properties.
  2. Go to the Compatibility tab, choose Disable display scaling on high DPI settings.
  3. Click Apply, then OK.
  4. Open QuickBooks and check to see if the font looks better.

For additional insight on how to resolve this, I'm also including this article: QuickBooks Desktop display issues

That should do it. With these resources, I'm confident that you'll be all set with the font size.

Keep me posted if you need further assistance with this, or if there's anything else I can do. I've always got your back!

sacherjj
Level 1

Or Intuit could update their software to actually work with modern displays.  Just purchased 2019 and this is ridiculous.  The only way to make it work is to run my machine at half the resolution it is capable of.  Pathetic.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello, sacherjj.

We’re currently investigating the root cause of the issue to come up with a fix for all affected users. It will help our research if you subscribe your company to the list of affected users. This way, you’ll also receive notifications once there are updates available. Here’s how to subscribe:

1. Open this article: https://quickbooks.intuit.com/community/Help-Articles/QuickBooks-Desktop-display-issues/m-p/201768. 
  2. Scroll down to the bottom part. 
  3. Click the Subscribe now button. 

Drop by again if there’s anything else you need with QuickBooks. 

CO80021
Level 2

The reason for font issues is that Quickbooks was originally designed and coded for the default Windows dot per inch (DPI) value of smaller-100% (96 DPI) decades ago.    Many systems with high resolution display now ship with DPI settings of 125% or 150%.    Until Quickbooks updates their software coding, these problems will persist.            

CO80021
Level 2

and this is the root of the problem.       

CO80021
Level 2

Aldrin --- your solution doesn't work which you would realize if you viewed these threads about the font size.

CO80021
Level 2

Secherjj --- that link doesn't work.    Is Quickbooks really doing anything about it?

CO80021
Level 2

MikiD - that link doesn't work.   

JaneD

Good day, CO80021.

I appreciate your following this thread. I'm here to provide a few details about the Dots per Inch (DPI) settings for QuickBooks. 

Yes, you are correct. QuickBooks Desktop is designed to work with the default settings of Windows DPI. 

For more in-depth information, you can check the updated article in this link: QuickBooks Desktop display issues.

This should point you in the right direction. Let me know if you have further questions. I'm always glad to help.

Fontstoosmall123
Level 1

When will QuickBooks fix allow users to increase the font size on the desktop 2020 version? Better yet QUIT making the fonts microscopic!!! What ever happened to 12pt font size? When did 7-9 pt fonts become normal? People run out buying glasses because they think they cannot see when in fact ALL of the product providers KEEP decreasing the font sizes!!! Terrible for consumers!

Why is there an option to change the font size in the forum, but not in the actual desktop version, where people actually pay bills and reconcile bank accounts?

Omi123
Level 2

This does not work on the Merchant Services window.

MJoy_D

Thank you for posting here in the Community, @Omi123.

To assist you further, can you tell me more about the steps that you've performed that didn't work with your Merchant Services window? That'll surely help us provide an accurate solution to the concern you're having.

You can click the Reply button below to add more details.

I'm looking forward to hearing from you soon! Take care and have a wonderful day!

Omi123
Level 2

You know well that this issue has been going on for years.   QuickBooks merchant services window is microscopic if you're using a 4K monitor.  In order to set the display so that a person can see the merchant services window, you need to set the k4 monitor to the resolution of 10 years ago.    Why hasn't Intuit been able to fix this issue?

Omi123
Level 2

You know this issue very well. It's been years that the Merchant services window is microscopic and Intuit has done nothing to fix it. 

It is not compatible with 4K monitors.  This is despicable to say the least. Everyone has 4K monitors and why would I change the resolution to a decade back so I can see the merchant services letter?   

It's allover the NET! google it.  Millions of users with the same problem you have not addressed. 

CTatCD
Level 2

Accountant Center window, too.

ReymondO
QuickBooks Team

Thanks for joining the thread, @CTatCD.

It seems like you've posted a similar concern on the other thread. My colleague RenjolynC has already provided a response to this concern. You can check her reply on this link: https://quickbooks.intuit.com/learn-support/en-us/other-questions/re-screen-size-is-too-small/01/960...

Moreover, here's an article that you can view to learn more about fixing screen issues in QuickBooks Desktop: Learn what to do if you see the font, sizing, or other display issues

Please let me know how it goes by clicking the Reply button below. I'm always here to help you out if you have any other concerns.

CTatCD
Level 2

Similar to other folks, none of these other articles resolve the issue, which I mentioned in the other article I posted on.  Support has had nothing to offer besides instructions contained in these articles.

Need to get in touch?

Contact us