cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Finola22
Level 1

Freelancer?

I was wondering if I would be able to use this for my freelancing business? Just making sure that I would be able to use this version without working for an actual firm?

3 Comments 3
RenjolynC
QuickBooks Team

Freelancer?

Hi Finola22,

If you're subscribed to QuickBooks Self-Employed, this is a tax software that helps freelancers tracks their income and expenses. This version also calculates and pay estimated quarterly taxes.

You can get more details by checking this article: QuickBooks Self-Employed Overview.

Feel free to reach out to us if there's anything else you need help with QuickBooks. Thanks.

Finola22
Level 1

Freelancer?

Yes but would I be able to just keep some information from my clients in the online free version if I am freelancing, and do not work for an actual firm?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Freelancer?

Hi there, @Finola22,

Welcome back to our forum. I can add a bit more about using QuickBooks with your freelancing business.

I want to make sure I give you the answer you need with your subscription, I just need a few more information to help us narrow things down. May I know what QuickBooks version do you currently use? Any details you can provide is extremely helpful.

In the meantime, if you're using the QuickBooks Online Accountant version, you have the option to add your clients to your Wholesale Billing account. Here's how:

1. Click the Gear icon.
  2. Select Your Account.
  3. Choose Add existing clients.
  4. Mark the checkboxes of the clients to add.
  5. Select Add Clients.
  6. Click on Continue.

The business owner will be notified through email once added to the Wholesale Billing subscription. Note: Before adding your client, they must be set up as clients in your QuickBooks Online Accountant account.

You might find these articles helpful:

Additionally, since you're a freelancer, you can request your clients to invite you as an accountant to their QBO account. QBO is a web-based program where you can seamlessly work with your company file on-the-go.

If you're referring to a different program, please let me know so I can get back to you. I look forward to your response to this post. Have a good one!

Need to get in touch?

Contact us