cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Explorer *

Home Page, QB for MAC

I was getting help from a QB tech support person and I allowed them remote access to my computer. They accidentally turned on payroll. They had no idea how to run to turn it off. Now the radio buttons on my home page are active for "Pay Employees" "Pay Tax Liabilities" and "File Tax Forms" How can I turn this off (grayed out)? Intuit says I do not have a payroll account (which I do not) so I can't figure out how to turn these off. Thank you!

6 Comments
QuickBooks Team

Re: Home Page, QB for MAC

Thanks for checking in with us, Wendy10990.

I can provide you with easy steps on how you can turn off your payroll service.

Before canceling your payroll subscription, make sure that you have done the following:

• Paid any outstanding tax deposits
  • Filed any outstanding quarterly forms
  • Printed necessary payroll reports

To turn off payroll:

1. Select the Setup tab.
  2.  Under Billing and Service select Cancel Service.
  3. Answer the short survey. And select Cancel Service.
  4. An email will be sent to confirm the cancellation.

You can get more details in this article: https://community.intuit.com/articles/1770760-cancel-and-reactivate-your-online-payroll-account.

As always, you can contact our customer care agents if you'd like someone to be with you as you go through these steps. They can pull up your account in a secure environment and help you turn off your payroll service.

1. Go to: https://help.quickbooks.intuit.com/en_US/contact.
  2. Choose your QuickBooks Product.
  3. Select your QuickBooks version.
  4. On the Contact Us page, click a topic.
  5. Click on the Get Phone Number button to see the support number.

Feel free to leave a reply below to keep me posted if this works for you. I'll zip right back to help you out.

Frequent Explorer *

Hello,

Thanks for answering. However, I do not have a QB payroll account! The radio buttons on my home page were activated and I simply need to deactivate them. Any help for this would be appreciated.

Thank you

QuickBooks Team

Thanks for getting back to me, Wendy10990.

I want to make sure you'll be able to turn off your payroll, let me help point you in the right direction.

I'd like to check this for you and get it taken care of myself. However, I won't be able to check your account without asking for sensitive information. I don't want your detailed information displayed here for security reasons since Community is a public forum.

I recommend calling in to speak with a member of the Support Team. You would have to call since your account information is confidential, and we value your privacy.

To reach us, please follow these steps:

2. Choose your QuickBooks Product.
  4. On the Contact Us page, click a topic.

If there's anything else I can help you with, please leave a comment below. I'll be around to help.

Frequent Explorer *

Hello,

A tech support person turned on Payroll by mistake. I now cannot turn it off. The radio buttons on my home page are active for "Pay Employees" "Pay Tax Liabilities" and "File Tax Forms" How can I turn this off (so it is grayed out & not active)? Intuit says I do not have a payroll account (which I do not) so I can't figure out how to turn these off. Thank you!

Hi there, @Wendy10990.

Thank you for the quick response. I'll be happy to get you to the right support to help you get back to business in no time.

To verify your account settings, I recommend reaching out to our Customer Care support. They can use the screen share tool to determine what's causing the issue and completely turn off payroll features in your QuickBooks. 

To reach them, please refer to the steps below: 

2. At the top right, choose your QuickBooks Product.
  4. Select a topic.

For future reference, I've also attached the link for our help site: Help articles for QuickBooks Desktop for Mac

That should point you in the right direction today. Please know that the Community has your back if you need assistance working with QuickBooks Mac. I'll be happy to help you further. Wishing you and your business continued success.

Frequent Explorer *

Hello ! Thanks for trying to help. I have called QB support and they said it cannot be turned off. I'm still looking for a solution if anyone has any ideas!