cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Experienced Member

How do I add Deposit to to the top of a Sales Receipt?

4 Comments
Established Community Backer ***

Re: How do I add Deposit to to the top of a Sales Receipt?

Explain a little more please. Your question could mean bank deposit or down payment on a job or something else

Experienced Member

I am trying to add deposit to so I can choose which bank account the deposit goes to.

QuickBooks Team

Hi there, @tvelks.

Thanks for adding more information about your concern. This guides me on how to add the Deposit To field in the sales receipt.

All you have to do is update the Payments preferences in your account. Let me walk you through on how to accomplish this task.

1. At the top menu bar, select the Edit tab.
  2. Choose Preferences.
    sr1.png
  3. In the Preferences window, go to the Payments tab on the left panel.
  4. Choose the Company Preferences tab.
  5. In the Receive Payments section, uncheck the box for Use Undeposited Funds as a default deposit to account.
    sr2.png
  6. Click on OK.

Next, go back to the Sales Receipt page. Between the Class and Template field, you'll see the Deposit To drop-down.
sr.png

Just in case, check out this article with detailed instructions on how to add custom fields: Use QuickBooks Desktop.

That should do the trick. When creating a sales receipt, you should see the Deposit To field at the top of the sales receipt.

Let me know how these steps work for you. I’m always here to assist further.  

Established Community Backer ***

Unless the payment for the sale is an ACH or other direct deposit into banking or you know for a fact that this payment and oy this payment will constitute an entire deposit  you should avoid choosing the bank account in the sales receipt and instead allow posting to UF followed by creating the Deposit.

Keep in mind this as you choose among different accounts for deposit fro. Sales receipts - qb auto fills the last accou t used so if you are doing a lot of receipts onto various accounts you can easily make an error or two. I know from experience.