cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AWJIN
Level 2

How do I create a custom Quote form?

We use Enterprise Manufacturing & Wholesale 2019. We would like to create a custom quote screen that lets you choose several different line items such as a service item, a inventory item, a box/crate item, a shipping item and have that calculate a total line, similar to a subtotal line. However, when emailed to the customer just the total calculated "subtotal" line shows and not everything you have built into your quote. Is this possible? Or is it possible to create line items that are invisible on the quote emailed to the customer and they only see a "subtotal" line item with a description of their part the total calculated price for it? Thank you in advance for any and all help you suggest.

5 Comments 5
Rose-A

Welcome to the Community, AWJIN.

I'd be delighted to lend a hand on how to customize a Quote form in QuickBooks Desktop.

In order to show the subtotal only when sending a quote to your customers, you will first need to set the template.

Here's how:

1. In the Quote screen, click the Formatting tab and click Customize Data Layout.
  2. Go to Columns tab and unselect the information you don't need to show when sending the quote to your customer.
  3. Hit OK.

To create a subtotal line, here's how:

1. In the Quote screen, click Add New.
  2. Choose the Subtotal as the Type.
  3. Enter a Name and a Description.

You may find this article helpful: https://quickbooks.intuit.com/community/Help-Articles/Use-and-customize-form-templates/m-p/207841.

Should you need more help with customizing a quote, please let me know. Have a good one.

AWJIN
Level 2

Thank you. After seeing your answer I realized I was trying to make the Items from the Item List not print and that's what I couldn't figure out. I am going to try your solution today. Thank you again for your help!

JanyRoseB
QuickBooks Team

Thanks for getting back to this thread, @AWJIN.

I appreciate you for following the steps provided by my colleague about customizing a Quote form in QuickBooks. Please know that you're always welcome to post if you have any other concerns. The Community team will always here to help you out. 

Wishing you and your business continued success. 

AWJIN
Level 2

I did as the tutorial/article showed, however, I do not want the totals of the lines to show either, I only want the subtotal line to show. Build assembly and Group will not work as our Items from the Item List are services and non-inventory items in the item list that assist us with totaling how much a part will cost to create. I would really appreciate any help you can give me.  I did receive a call from someone who said they were quickbooks and tried to transfer me to another person but I didn't feel comfortable about the phone call so I hung up. If this was you folks I apologize.

JonpriL

Glad to have you back, @AWJIN!

You have the option to remove the totals of your items from your quote form template. Allow me to help you accomplish this.

1. Go to Lists.
  2. Select Templates.
  3. Find and double click to open your quote form template.
  4. Choose the Layout Designer button.
  5. Select Total.
  6. Hit Remove.
  7. Click OK and then OK.

This way, the totals of your items will not be included in your quote.

I'm always around here in the Community if you have any other questions.

Need to get in touch?

Contact us